How About ~ AN ANNUAL RORY TRIBUTE GIG IN LONDON UK?

What's Going On ~ Rory Gallagher Tributes ~ Festivals ~ Rory Exhibitions ~ Band Gigs

How About ~ AN ANNUAL RORY TRIBUTE GIG IN LONDON UK?

Postby SUBY1974 » 01 Dec 2013, 15:23

Another thing how about an annual Rory Tribute Gig done in London every year? London was RG's second home. We did one in Liverpool, the Cavern but why not here. I spoke to Jamie of Top Priority about this. We don't need big names (though it would help) but it would be something for the fans. We could have Bernie Marsden, Sinnerboy, Top Priority, all the tribute bands, BoF, etc etc. I would not miss for the world. Just a thought all the same. Subrata.x
SUBY1974

Re: How About ~ AN ANNUAL RORY TRIBUTE GIG IN LONDON UK?

Postby Jay Jay » 01 Dec 2013, 19:02

SUBY1974 wrote:Another thing how about an annual Rory Tribute Gig done in London every year? London was RG's second home. We did one in Liverpool, the Cavern but why not here. I spoke to Jamie of Top Priority about this. We don't need big names (though it would help) but it would be something for the fans. We could have Bernie Marsden, Sinnerboy, Top Priority, all the tribute bands, BoF, etc etc. I would not miss for the world. Just a thought all the same. Subrata.x

Hi Suby,

They had one in London in 2003 look here http://www.remember-rory.com/hammersmith.htm
Sinnerboy recorded and released their first ever CD from that gig..

If it happen again it would need someone London based like youirself and the Gallagher family to arrange and organize it all ???
I and I know many Rory fans (mainly in the north of UK) are put off by the prices of Hotel accommodation in Liverpool?
Cost of travel and Hotel accommodation in London for us would be the question IMHO to make it a success again?

Do you know many Rory fans that live in London?
Jay Jay

Postby SUBY1974 » 01 Dec 2013, 22:44

I don't mix with the music scene that much only the literature scene but I could let folk know. I mean Anjan or Bob Hokum would know best. An annoucement on the Official Rory Gallagher site or this forum would get fans to come. But also the bands involved would also have their fans come to a London event. I mean Nine Below Zero shows are packed in London and my friend Jayn Miller could tell people etc . She is closely linked to the music scene. If Bernie Marsden was playing many fans would come as well and perhaps know about Rory. Someone more close to the Gallagher family could work with them to form an annual event for fans in London. Hotels are expensive in London but perhaps Premier Inn, Travel Lodge, Holiday Inn could do good rates. Sorry I am not really the person to organise gigs. One needs a more experienced person to do that and actually does that. I certainly can let people know about it. I am not experienced with the music scene. It could be done at the Ealing Blues Club or a good club that could hold a lot of people. Subrata.x
SUBY1974

Postby SUBY1974 » 01 Dec 2013, 22:55

Yikes I posted at 10.44pm. Did not realise that. He probably likes the idea.In the UK its now 9.54pm.
SUBY1974

Postby SUBY1974 » 01 Dec 2013, 23:03

Hi Jay Jay, If they managed to do an event 10yrs ago I am sure the Gallagher family and others can plan an event again. Hammersmith seems good but make it an annual event . Subrata.x
SUBY1974

Postby RobertaSparrow » 02 Dec 2013, 07:07

SUBY1974 wrote:Hi Jay Jay, If they managed to do an event 10yrs ago I am sure the Gallagher family and others can plan an event again. Hammersmith seems good but make it an annual event . Subrata.x

I'd do it if I was there- where I live it's the land of Deadheads and Merry Pranksters :cry:
RobertaSparrow

Return to RORY GALLAGHER ~ Tributes ~ Festivals ~ Exhibitions ~ Band Gigs