RORY Band "DEUCE" Gigs..Wexford /Dublin /Ballyshannon / Cork

What's Going On ~ Rory Gallagher Tributes ~ Festivals ~ Rory Exhibitions ~ Related Band Gigs

Re: New Rory Tribute band "Deuce" Gigs Dublin / Ballyshann

Postby mac » 27 Apr 2013, 23:50

No David, that was' nt us up the front .... I dont do dancing ,
We were back a little opposite the bar.l was talking to one of those guys earlier , ( had an arm wrestle with him at the bar while ordering a drink .? )
I'd love to make ballyshannon, but as I was saying to JJ earlier, with a young family its unlikely I'd get a weekend pass .
mac

Re: New Rory Tribute band.. "Deuce" Gigs Dublin / Ballyshnn

Postby davidduck » 29 Apr 2013, 22:16

I think he was dancing on his own...

We have our gig details for Ballyshannon!

We're playing:

Friday @11pm in the Bridgend Bar,
Saturday @ 7pm on the open air stage at Rory Gallagher place
Sunday @ 11pm in the Lantern Bar

We're very very happy to be asked to do these gigs :)

Hope to meet some of you over the weekend
davidduck

Re: New Rory Tribute band.. " Deuce" Gigs Dublin / Ballyshan

Postby Jay Jay » 30 Apr 2013, 14:12

davidduck wrote:We have our gig details for Ballyshannon!

We're playing:

Friday @11pm in the Bridgend Bar,
Saturday @ 7pm on the open air stage at Rory Gallagher place
Sunday @ 11pm in the Lantern Bar

We're very very happy to be asked to do these gigs

Hey David, nothing to do with me but you got those gigs 'cause my friends from the band Calling Card dropped out of the program this year. They were initially down to play two of those gigs. I haven't spoken to Joe O'Neill lead guitarist / vocalist from CC. His father Sean only told me a few days ago, that Joe was going to give the fest a miss this year?

So it's yours and Deuce's good fortune that has come out of this situation. Has Barry O'Neill come to see you at one of your gigs in Dublin??
Looking forward to catching you's at one of these gigs. Most probable it's likely I'll catch you at The Lantern. Usually my last of the Rory Fest..
I only have to walk about 100 metres to the B&B and my bed, where I've stayed for the past 10 Rory Gallagher International Festivals now :)

Rock On for Rory
Slainte, Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Re: New Rory Tribute band.. "Deuce" Gigs Dublin / Ballyshann

Postby davidduck » 30 Apr 2013, 17:06

Hi Jay Jay,

I'm sorry to hear that 'Calling Card' won't be appearing this year. I've been going to Ballyshannon for about six years and I've caught their set before, they do a fantastic job!
It'd be good to meet you in the lantern bar, we'll give it our all for every show and we hope to make the festival an annual thing for us,

best wishes,

David.
davidduck

Postby davidduck » 29 May 2013, 11:03

Hi everyone,

Just a heads up that we'll be playing a warm up gig late this thursday night in Dublin.

It's FREE in and would be a perfect kick-start to any Rory fans flying into Dublin for the Ballyshannon festival!

We'll be playing at around midnight at 'The Speakeasy Cafe' on Georges street, and there's good pizza and beer to be had.

Here's a link to the event below

https://www.facebook.com/events/179954212156976/

Be good to meet some of you,

David.
davidduck

Postby davidduck » 06 Jun 2013, 00:05

Hey thanks to everyone who came to see us play at the festival, we had a blast!

More gigs coming soon!
davidduck

Postby Jay Jay » 06 Jun 2013, 11:33

davidduck wrote:Hey thanks to everyone who came to see us play at the festival, we had a blast!

More gigs coming soon!

Hi David,

I did manage to catch you and your band twice for about 3 or 4 tunes each time. Rory Gallagher Place and late night / early morning after the Big Top @ The Lantern Bar..From what I saw and heard I liked very much indeed. Could not see a lot mind you at The Lantern Bar. As a few of my Duba friends, were going crazy to Deuce and were right on top of ya.. Especially "Singo" bassplayer Calling Card, was trying to play along with you me thinks, lol. All harmless excitement and fun. It reminded me of Rory on the Bullfrog Blues number France 1980 :)

I must say though your sound is great all around man. As you know I've seen more Rory tribute bands than possibly anyone else.
You sure nailed one of my favourite Rory solo breaks.. since I saw the great man himself. Better than any other guitarist I've heard before in Shadow Play. The harmonic's with the arpeggio playing were spot on :)

Rock On for Rory
Slainte, Jay Jay

PS. I must catch you next time for a full set list at least ;)
Jay Jay

Postby davidduck » 06 Jun 2013, 12:08

Thanks a million JJ that means alot,

It was tight in the lantern wasn't it?... all added to the energy though, a proper 'you can see the whites of the eyes' setup as Rory used to say :)
Those lads were gas craic, they even chanted 'nice one Rory' at the end which was a great moment for us.

It'd be great if you could catch a full show, we now have 27 songs in the bag plus the acoustic stuff. We'll be adding more very soon and we hope to switch them up depending on the gig and the requests that get called out,

(I do love that pinchy harmonic bit)

all the best,

David.
davidduck

Postby Jay Jay » 06 Jun 2013, 12:27

davidduck wrote:(I do love that pinchy harmonic bit)
all the best,
David.

Yes that's a great description David.. You are getting close to this in solo here.. Rock On for Rory :)

Jay Jay

Postby davidduck » 06 Jun 2013, 12:34

That's a fantastic version!
davidduck

PreviousNext

Return to RORY GALLAGHER ~ Tributes ~ Festivals ~ Exhibitions ~ Band Gigs