Rory Gallagher Tribute Festival Vienna 2019

What's Going On ~ Rory Gallagher Tributes ~ Festivals ~ Rory Exhibitions ~ Band Gigs

Rory Gallagher Tribute Festival Vienna 2019

Postby JimLED » 02 Jul 2019, 21:44

Starts at Friday, 13. September 2019 - 18:00
End of event: Saturday, 14. September 2019 - 23:55

https://www.roryfestival.at
(near Stephanplatz)

Freitag, 13. September ab 18:00 (Reigen)

32/20 Blues Band (DE)
Cork (TR)
Aiden Pryor Band (UK)

Samstag, 14. September ab 12:30 (Lindauerhof - freier Eintritt)

Acoustic Session mit Barry Barnes (Sinnerboy) & Friends beim traditionellen Wiener Heurigen

Samstag, 14. September ab 18:00 (Reigen)

Kutscher's Blues Band (AT)
Sinnerboy (UK)
Closing Jam Session mit allen Bands

https://www.facebook.com/events/2288782808066907/
Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
JimLED

Re: Rory Gallagher Tribute Festival Vienna 2019

Postby Jay Jay » 03 Jul 2019, 20:06

Thanks Jim for putting this up. I was there last year for this super Rory Tribute weekend :)
I hope to be there again this year :)

Rock On for Rory
Slainte Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Postby Jay Jay » 05 Sep 2019, 12:48

Booked Hotel and Flights to be there at this wonderful Rory Tribute in Vienna next week :)

Rock On for Rory
Slainte Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Postby Jay Jay » 17 Sep 2019, 19:13

What A fantastic Rory Gallagher Tribute Fesrival everybody enjoyed last weekend in Vienna,
Many thanks to all the great bands that played and all the organisers Holger, Alex, Mort, Charlie and many more that made it a truly wonderful ocassion & celebration of Rory's music :)

I met many Rory friends there from all over the world and more new Rory friends. Plus I met our co moderator and tech guy here on the Rory LT forum "JimLed " for the first time in the flesh.
It was a great pleasure Jim meeting you after all these years, working together on this Rory forum :)

So what did you think of your first Rory Fest experience?
Jay Jay

Postby JimLED » 18 Sep 2019, 08:36

Hi Jay Jay! Hope you're well now!
You have missed the last and great part of the festival, where Barry Barnes from Sinnerboy stealing the show!
It's was pleasure to see you, so great meeting after the years! The first festival Rory in my life. Never saw so powerful amazing concentrated place where is spirit of Rory. Great bands and many good new Rory friends I have met. Never done it before. Hope next year to visit this place again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JimLED

Postby Jay Jay » 18 Sep 2019, 22:24

JimLED wrote:Hi Jay Jay! Hope you're well now!
You have missed the last and great part of the festival, where Barry Barnes from Sinnerboy stealing the show!
It's was pleasure to see you, so great meeting after the years! The first festival Rory in my life. Never saw so powerful amazing concentrated place where is spirit of Rory. Great bands and many good new Rory friends I have met. Never done it before. Hope next year to visit this place again.

I'm glad you had a great time Jim at your 1st Rory Fest :)
I was there Jim early on the last night and saw the excellent Kutscher's blues band. Yet unfortunately for me because I'd eaten a bread based meal "schnitzel" before the gig, It had cause a bad reaction with a blockage in my windpipe, as I have a hiatus hernia inward. It's happened before at a Sinnerboy gig in Wales and it will probably happen again. I was getting terrible heartburn & reflux feeling when drinking first sip of beer. I told Annette that I was going back to hotel to take some Gaviscon tabets to clear it and then return. Well I took 4 tablets over the next 2 hours and it still did not clear. Thats why I didn't return to see the end of the festival.

Anyway, I saw all of the excellent bands that played at this wonderful Rory Fest. I see Barry and Sinnerboy at least once every month on the road in the UK. So it wasn't such a big miss for me 8-)
Look forward to seeing you Jim at your next Rory Tribute somewhere in the world?

Rockin' On for Rory
Slainte, Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Postby JimLED » 20 Sep 2019, 18:11

Hope you're feeling well now, Jay Jay!
Yes, Sinnerboy was great as you have said me there!
Hope to see you and Annette next year in Ireland and share a lot of beer I think :)
JimLED

Return to RORY GALLAGHER ~ Tributes ~ Festivals ~ Exhibitions ~ Band Gigs