My Friend and Former Forum Member Jim McClymont

Yes I'm a million miles away I'm a million miles away Sailing like a driftwood On a windy bay

My Friend and Former Forum Member Jim McClymont

Postby RobertaSparrow » 05 Jun 2015, 12:26

Hi Everyone,

As most of you know I have the great honor of being one of the Moderators on this forum, watching over Rory's home on the internet. I also follow, and sometimes post on some of the other sites.

I've made many friends through this site and had the honor of meeting some of you last week in Ballyshannon, and I now sit in my temporary home on the road in Rory's hometown, Cork.

We've taken a fair amount of photos with our smartphones, my daughter and I, and as soon as I figure out how to post them (probably after I get back home, this little laptop has crashed on me twice during this trip) I will share them with you.

My friend Jim McClymont took some excellent photos of many of the bands, the crowds, and the sights. He has a professional grade DSLR, and a photographer's eye besides, and so I knew his photos would be much more revealing of the atmosphere of Rory's festival. I asked him early on if he would share them for me to post, and of course he said yes. Sometime after we returned home I planned to ask Jim to send them to me so I could repost them on my desktop computer.

My post today is about Jim. He was quite ill on this trip to Ballyshannon. I had never met Jim before IRL, but spent many many hours over these years arguing, chatting and laughing with him on the internet. He is a generous, kind, sweet and sometimes downright cranky, and stubborn man, and I am so glad to be able to say that he is my friend.

Jim was ill on this trip, but he wanted to go to Ballyshannon, was determined to go. So, despite the pain and stress of travel, he went on this Rock and Roll pilgrimage one more time. And so, I had the opportunity to meet the friend I had only known from internet chat, Skype, and an occasional phone call. He introduced me to everyone he knew in Ballyshannon, and he seems to know most everyone. And he understood how hard it was for me to function amongst so many people and so much activity. I have severe bouts of anxiety in social situations, I always have, as far back as I can remember, and Jim knew that, so he showed me around, introduced me to people, he made it possible for me to move past silly fears and anxiety, to be able to shake off that fear and enjoy the festival.

As soon as he returned home, he was admitted to the hospital. He is very ill, and has undergone surgery. I hope and pray that he will come through it all just fine, and that soon he will once again be back at his computer, arguing and fighting with me, and making me laugh in the process.

He can be very outspoken. Hell, so can I. And sometimes he can be downright grouchy. But he can also be very kind, and generous, patient, and understanding.

If you know Jim, send him your positive thoughts, say a prayer for him.

Speedy recovery Jim. I can't wait to argue with you again-

:) - Cynthia, AKA RobertaSparrow
RobertaSparrow

Re: My Friend and Former Forum Member Jim McClymont

Postby Jukka » 05 Jun 2015, 20:09

Hi Cynthia & all,

long time no hear LT...I was touched by your story Cynthia. We have swapped emails every now and again and I think you are a sincere person, I wish you all the best.
And you Scotsman, called Jim... show us what you Scots are made of and get bloody well,eh ! ;)

cheers,
Jukka
Jukka

Postby Dwana Horner » 06 Jun 2015, 02:29

Jukka

Sending prayers for your friend. He sounds like a strong willed person, determined to move forward with like no matter
the deterrent, obstacle, obstruction.. live every moment till the last breath- a fighter.
Dwana Horner

Postby SUBY1974 » 08 Jun 2015, 19:31

Yes get well soon. Subrata. X
SUBY1974

Postby RobertaSparrow » 09 Jun 2015, 00:49

Jim's sister updated me. Jim came through the surgery just fine, and will be in hospital for a while yet, but she said he is doing much better. 8-)
RobertaSparrow

Postby RobertaSparrow » 10 Jun 2015, 10:17

Jukka wrote:Hi Cynthia & all,

long time no hear LT...I was touched by your story Cynthia. We have swapped emails every now and again and I think you are a sincere person, I wish you all the best.
And you Scotsman, called Jim... show us what you Scots are made of and get bloody well,eh ! ;)

cheers,
Jukka

Nice to see you posting on LT! Jim is doing much better, and he will be returning to his home sometime today. Good news.
[insert happy song here] . . .

Well, did you ever??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
RobertaSparrow

Return to Tasteful Topics ~ Not So Much Rory Related Forum