Travels

Yes I'm a million miles away I'm a million miles away Sailing like a driftwood On a windy bay

Travels

Postby AnnaMaria » 15 Feb 2015, 19:22

Yesterday I booked a trip. So far only the flyingtickets. I will book hotels in a couple of weeks. I´m going to Iceland (riding horses), San Fransisco (the big trees, Alcatraz?), Will be driving along Highway 1 (one or two stops?), Los Angeles (Stay in Santa Monica), Fly over for some Days at Oahu and Maui(Hawaii) and then home again.

Can anybody give me som advice what to do or see or maybe what to avoid? Please?
AnnaMaria

Re: Travels

Postby RobertaSparrow » 18 Feb 2015, 02:59

AnnaMaria wrote:Yesterday I booked a trip. So far only the flyingtickets. I will book hotels in a couple of weeks. I´m going to Iceland (riding horses), San Fransisco (the big trees, Alcatraz?), Will be driving along Highway 1 (one or two stops?), Los Angeles (Stay in Santa Monica), Fly over for some Days at Oahu and Maui(Hawaii) and then home again.

Can anybody give me som advice what to do or see or maybe what to avoid? Please?

Highway 1, AKA Pacific Coast Highway, PCH, - a beautiful drive. If you plan to take that highway from San Francisco to Los Angeles, you will go right through Big Sur- and the coastal redwoods, one of the most beautiful places on earth, IMHO.

It is a coastal mountain road though, along the ridge where the foot of the mountain meets the sea. Twists and winds, ups and downs. Oh, but breathtaking views places.
RobertaSparrow

Re: Travels

Postby AnnaMaria » 18 Feb 2015, 18:13

Thank You Roberta. Yes, I will go from San Francisco to Los Angeles so I really look forward to see it in reality.
Maybe, if I dare, I will Contact some relatives in Sacramento, just for a short "Hi!". We don´t exactly "know" eachother but it´s my mothers cousin after all.

My plans was to go to Madagaskar! But the travelagent was like crazy in everything American. Anyway I´m happy with it and Madagascar will probably stay where it is for some time anyway.
AnnaMaria

Return to Tasteful Topics ~ Not So Much Rory Related Forum