What's Your Blues Nickname?

Yes I'm a million miles away I'm a million miles away Sailing like a driftwood On a windy bay

What's Your Blues Nickname?

Postby maybeiwill » 25 Aug 2014, 19:35

(I found this in the August 24, 2014 Augusta Chronicle (Georgia, USA,) thanks to writer Bill Kirby.)
"Woke up this morning, found myself a name fit for singing the blues."

"American blues music is one of our nations most unique art forms. Not only does it give us emotional and often raw expression of the human condition, but it also provides some of our most uniquely named performers."
"I bet you're wondering how those wonderful musicians acquired these colorfully unique nicknames."
"Well, there's a chart."
"Am I sure this is how it's done? I'm as sure as my name is Screamin' Lemon Smith!"

And now, it's your turn to become the blues legend you've always longed to be!
The way to figure out your blues nickname is to take the three initials most of us have and apply them to the chart to follow using these instructions: From the first list, take the name using the initial of your first name. From the second list, do the same using your middle initial. Finally, from the third, use the initial of your surname. Here are the lists:
First List:
A=Fat; B=Muddy; C=Crippled; D=Old; E=Texas; F=Hollerin'; G=Ugly; H=Brown; I=Happy; J=Boney; K=Curly; L=Pretty/Handsome; M=Jailhouse; N=Peg Leg; O=Red; P=Sleepy; Q=Bald; R=Skinny; S=Blind; T=Big; U=Yella'; V=Toothless; W=Screamin'; X=Fat Boy/Fat Girl; Y=Washboard; Z=Steel Eye
Second List:
A=Bones; B=Money; C=Harp; D=Legs; E=Eyes; F=Lemon; G=Killer; H=Hips; I=Lips; J=Fingers; K=Boy/Girl; L=Liver; M=Gumbo; N=Foot; O=Mama/Daddy; P=Back; Q=Duke/Duchess; R=Dog; S=Bad Boy/Bad Girl; T=Baby; U=Chicken; V=Pickles; W=Sugar; X=Cracker; Y=Tooth; Z=Smoke
Third List:
A=Jackson; B=McGee; C=Hopkins; D=Dupree; E=Green; F=Brown; G=Jones; H=Rivers; I=Malone; J=Washington; K=Smith; L=Parker; M=Lee; N=Thompkins; O=King; P=Bradley; Q=Hawkins; R=Jefferson; S=Davis; T=Franklin; U=White; V=Jenkins; W=Bailey; X=Johnson; Y=Blue; Z=Allison

So, go ahead! Discover that blues nickname hidden deep in you soul! Let's hear from you Rory-lovers et al!
That's it from me....just call me Jailhouse Dog Jefferson! :lol:

P.S. I have recently updated the above lists in order to make them more gender friendly.
Last edited by maybeiwill on 30 Aug 2014, 14:43, edited 1 time in total.
maybeiwill

Re: What's Your Blues Nickname?

Postby innuendo » 26 Aug 2014, 19:40

Curly Liver Jefferson
first two names are initials of my first and last name (i don't have a middle name) and for a third i used my nickname but i also have another nickname so i could also be Curly Liver Parker. i think both are quite catchy actually :)
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
innuendo

Postby RobertaSparrow » 26 Aug 2014, 22:14

Hmmm, mine would be Crippled Legs Jackson, going by the list. Maybe that will be my next internet handle? :?

and Rory would be Sugar Dog Jones, if his name is William Rory Gallagher, but if it is Liam Rory Gallagher, then he would be Pretty Dog Jones. :lol:
RobertaSparrow

Postby maybeiwill » 27 Aug 2014, 03:27

Well, Sugar is sweet, which rather describes Rory, but then so does Pretty! :lol: I used my first, middle and married initials, although I usually go by my first, maiden and married which would make me Jailhouse Bad Boy Jefferson. However, I am not a boy - that is one problem with Kirby's method! If I go by my birth initials, I'm Jailhouse Dog Davis. My husband also doesn't have a middle name, but he's Hispanic, so using his first, last name and mother's last name initials he'd be Fat Dog Malone.
Love the name Crippled Legs Jackson! :D :D :D
And, surely Donal or another relative could clarify what Rory's first name really was? :?
maybeiwill

Postby Madrid74 » 29 Aug 2014, 22:05

Fat Bad Boy Jefferson using my name and my two surnames, but with my nickname name and first surname I'm Muddy Fat Davis

How the hell this list knows I'm overweight ? :shock:
Madrid74

Postby heatison » 30 Aug 2014, 09:16

Boney Harp Lee
heatison

Postby maybeiwill » 30 Aug 2014, 14:48

I have edited the Kirby Blues Nickname Lists to make them a bit more gender friendly. You may want to re-check your blues nickname.
BTW - Rory would now be considered "Handsome" rather than "Pretty." ;)
maybeiwill

Postby AnnaMaria » 30 Aug 2014, 20:29

Jailhouse Bone Parker!

Jailhouse!? Jailhouse!!! Watch out I might be back in your Town!
AnnaMaria

Postby maybeiwill » 01 Sep 2014, 18:43

That's Okay, AnnaMaria. I'm right in there with you!
P.S. I'm planning a breakout. Are you in? ;)
Signed,
Jailhouse Dog Jefferson
maybeiwill

Postby RobertaSparrow » 02 Sep 2014, 12:17

maybeiwill wrote:I have edited the Kirby Blues Nickname Lists to make them a bit more gender friendly. You may want to re-check your blues nickname.
BTW - Rory would now be considered "Handsome" rather than "Pretty." ;)

There have been male nicknames using the word pretty, like Pretty Boy Floyd.
RobertaSparrow

Next

Return to Tasteful Topics ~ Not So Much Rory Related Forum