World Cup Hopes: England Beats Italy Saturday!

Yes I'm a million miles away I'm a million miles away Sailing like a driftwood On a windy bay

World Cup Hopes: England Beats Italy Saturday!

Postby capo » 12 Jun 2014, 19:25

World Cup Time Baby. Of course the U.S. Team is who I root for first. But England is always my sentimental favorite, after Ireland. But Ireland's not in it this time. I was taught Futball or Soccer as us Yanks call it, by a bunch of Irish immigrants in the early '70s. Pat McMorrow, Bill Quinn, and my first coach Jimmy 0'Connor, all Irishmen, schooled me and through them grew to love to play the sport. I also grew up watching the English league play on Sunday afternoons on our PBS station which broadcasted a lot of BBC programs, Manchester United and Liverpool and other clubs. England hasn't won the cup since the mid 60's. I'm Italian, but I hate Italy even more than Brasil or Germany. Arrogant, dirty players, and great floppers. Anyway, this Saturday I hope England blows the Italians away, 4-0 would be acceptable to me! And of course England advances from their Group. I fear us Americans are doomed, having Germany and Portugal in our Group. Oh well. On to victory England!
capo

Re: World Cup Hopes: England Beats Italy Saturday!

Postby SUBY1974 » 13 Jun 2014, 21:26

Come on England!!!! Subrata. x
SUBY1974

Postby capo » 15 Jun 2014, 01:12

Damn. I thought Rooney would put it in the net. Well, England can still get out of their group with a win Thursday. And Italy could lose. Heres hoping for the best.
capo

Postby SUBY1974 » 19 Jun 2014, 21:13

Tension is too much. Come on England. ShowUruguay were lions. Subrata.x
SUBY1974

Return to Tasteful Topics ~ Not So Much Rory Related Forum