I remember President Kennedy- it's been 50 yrs

Yes I'm a million miles away I'm a million miles away Sailing like a driftwood On a windy bay

I remember President Kennedy- it's been 50 yrs

Postby RobertaSparrow » 22 Nov 2013, 19:37

Fifty years ago, about at this hour, we heard that President Kennedy had been murdered, and I believe the course of history at that moment changed, and God knows how many died afterward because of it. I don't think the Vietnam War would have happened, or Watergate, or the Reagan years for that matter. Can you say, butterfly effect?

How I remember the President-

RobertaSparrow

Re: I remember President Kennedy- it's been 50 yrs

Postby JimLED » 22 Nov 2013, 22:12

I can't comment this video, but I like King's 11/23/63 book. I had readed it a month ago. And I wish someday it be a great tv-show. There are some plans to made it on tv.
Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
JimLED

Postby Jay Jay » 25 Nov 2013, 19:34

Hi Cynthia,
Apologies for late reply on this one, as you know been busy @ the weekend @ Annual British Rory Tribute :)

As you know now we are of a similar age to each other. Well I remember that fateful day / weekend in Dallas 50 years ago. It has stuck in my mind, plus fascinated me for years about JFK's horrific assassination. I've watched over the decades 100's of programs / documentaries and youtube clips, concerning this terrible murder of the President of the USA. That happened in Dealey Plaza, Dallas, on November 22nd 1963.
IMHO the American folk have been lied too for over 50 years now..
The Warren Commission report about this crime of the century to me, is an untruthful account and cover up of what really happened. There are I know numerous theories to what really happened. One thing FOR SURE is that there was more than one type bullet. Meaning more than one shooter in Dealey Plaza that day. Explaining this is.. One type bullet went through JFK's neck cleanly and into Mr Connally. The other type bullet and fatal shot. Of which was different, fragmented on impact. We can see this clearly from the Zapruder film. The shot from the grassy knoll exploded and broke up in JFK's head. That is why you see Jackie Kennedy crawling on back of limo. Trying to get back part of JFK's skull and brains :(

James Files has admitted to being this second shooter here

I'm not sure if Lee Harvey Oswald was the shooter from the TBD now even??. That would be a sad thing to find out for sure. For what his children have had to live through, over all these years about their father. Was he really a ' patsy ' as he originally stated before he was shot and killed by Jack Ruby?

As the words in the song say..
"Assassin'S run !!".. The world was shocked that fateful day.. A YOUNG MANS LIFE WAS BLOWN AWAY :(

Yet John F Kennedy's great presidential legacy will live on forever
Jay Jay

Postby RobertaSparrow » 27 Nov 2013, 07:32

Jay Jay wrote:IMHO the American folk have been lied to for over 50 years now..

As the words in the song say..
"Assassin'S run !!".. The world was shocked that fateful day.. A YOUNG MANS LIFE WAS BLOWN AWAY :(

Yet John F Kennedy's great presidential legacy will live on forever

Yeah, very few people really believe the "official" story, the only thing that I know for certain is that "they" got away with murder that day. Oliver Stone's movie JFK was a very good approximation of what happened, but even that doesn't tell it all. I believe he was murdered by people within the government, and that the full truth of what happened would have damn near destroyed this country. And that is why so many of the records have been sealed until the generation that could bear witness to those events will be long dead and buried.

Kennedy was set to put an end to the CIA, reign in the FBI, and he had no intention of getting involved in that mess in Vietnam.

It's more than a crime against the American people. It was a tragedy for the whole world. It changed the course of world history, and not for the better.

Even all these years later, I think about it and get just as angry as the day it happened, even though I was just a kid. President Kennedy had already started making changes for the better, and he was murdered in front of the world, in cold blood. :x
RobertaSparrow

Postby Sinner Girl » 30 Nov 2013, 00:41

''When I was a cowboy out on the Western Plain''

''Being back home means a lot.A bit a peace and quiet and some rest . I write all my songs at home.Its an amazing thing, the minute I get here I begin to wright'
Rory Gallagher
Sinner Girl

Return to Tasteful Topics ~ Not So Much Rory Related Forum