LED ZEPPELIN KASHMIR

Yes I'm a million miles away I'm a million miles away Sailing like a driftwood On a windy bay

Re: LED ZEPPELIN KASHMIR

Postby mike6262 » 23 Apr 2012, 04:27

I think Peter Grant was the instigator behind Zeppelin not giving credit to the deserving writers of those tunes discussed. Not that Page and the band are blameless, far from it. But Peter Grant was notorious for the aggressive tactics and he was involved in every aspect of the bands business, especially money matters. I read in a interview many many years ago that Peter Grant's policy was don't pay royalties unless they come after us, then we will pay, which is what happened. I love Zeppelin!!!! But I always wished they had handled how they credited the original composers with more respect, no matter if it was Peter Grant or the band or both. No excuse for it.
You also must remember many of those old blues-men were "stealing/borrowing" from each other back in the day. So it has really been rampant for years. ZZ Top might be still be playing bars if not for ripping off John Lee Hooker. I'm partly joking about ZZ Top, but John Lee did sue the "Little ol' Band from Texas".
Listen to Hank Williams Sr. he was stealing from his self as well as other song writers. He literally has at least 30 tunes where he just rewrote lyrics, same chord changes, same tempo, hell same subject matter, just different lyrics. But I love Hank Sr too. I guess there is a blurred line between, stealing/borrowing and inspiration.
Great topic, and great posts as always here on Loose Talk. Love to hear Jimmy's take on it, but probably never will.
Peace
Michael
mike6262

Postby shadowplay57 » 23 Apr 2012, 09:00

Kashmir 2nd best track on album
Last edited by shadowplay57 on 23 Apr 2012, 14:44, edited 1 time in total.
shadowplay57

Postby tonetanner » 23 Apr 2012, 14:28

Ooer - never been keen on trampled underfoot - I've always put 'in my time of dying' (whoever wrote that) first. Kashmir no two or three with bron-yr-aur.
I love side four though.
Anyway: Stairway "on the one hand you can clearly hear where Page got the idea for the melody from" - listen to the last verse of "since I've been loving you" - Jimmy's playing it there too, sort of...
TT
what do you think of that?
tonetanner

Postby shadowplay57 » 23 Apr 2012, 14:42

yeah thinking about it i think the reason i liked trampled was the black & white dancing video.
shadowplay57

Postby Dwana Horner » 23 Apr 2012, 14:55

"Trampled Underfoot".. I haven't listend to this gritty, nasty sexy little number in a loooonnnggg while.. :mrgreen:

(I still cant post a video this way..too skittish.. :lol: ) I feel I would muck up the works here..I got this instructions.
It takes me a long time to figure out stuff but when I get it..I GET IT.)
Dwana Horner

Postby SUBY1974 » 25 Jun 2012, 21:19

Do get the UNCUT THE ULTIMATE MUSIC GUIDE LED ZEPPELIN. X
SUBY1974

Postby SUBY1974 » 09 Nov 2013, 23:54

Fantastic interview with Robert Plant this year. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AT-diR6gPA ... ent=mv-rim
SUBY1974

Previous

Return to Tasteful Topics ~ Not So Much Rory Related Forum