Queen

Yes I'm a million miles away I'm a million miles away Sailing like a driftwood On a windy bay

Re: Queen

Postby SUBY1974 » 15 May 2018, 19:01

https://youtu.be/6S9c5nnDd_s
New trailer for Bohemian Rhapsody film. Can't wait. Queen got me into rock. Subrata.x:0)
SUBY1974

Postby innuendo » 15 May 2018, 22:01

so hyped about the movie!
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
innuendo

Postby SUBY1974 » 23 May 2018, 22:57

Hoping to go to this Queen exhibition in June:-
http://www.lomography.com/magazine/3369 ... -brian-may
SUBY1974

Postby SUBY1974 » 23 May 2018, 22:58

SUBY1974

Postby SUBY1974 » 23 May 2018, 22:58

SUBY1974

Postby fromthehometown » 30 May 2018, 14:36

Due to the link between Brian and Rory I thought I'd share this story....
I met Brian at a private Tour launch gig for The Darkness in the 100 Club in London in 2011. He was standing at the back taking it all in and was surrounded by people I now realise were from his production team. I had noticed a few people trying to approach him during the gig but the team around him quickly batted away any interruptions to his enjoyment of the gig (some might say this was cold or stand offish, but given the environs and his stature, I found it completely understandable). I noticed one his team outside having a cigarette during the gig and I took my opportunity to approach and ask if he could speak to Brian on my behalf about the Rory Gallagher festival in Ballyshannon (as I was well aware of his appreciation of Rory) and I am from Ballyshannon and a friend of Barry (the Festival Organiser). I was later approached by this same guy and brought over to shake hands with Brian and I took the opportunity to ask if he would ever like to endorse or indeed attend the festival. He then asked his team (the guy to whom I had been speaking) to pass on contact details so I could forward information regarding the Festival. I promptly did so the next day and had spoken to Barry who agreed that arrangements would be provided if he ever did want to attend. Alas his assistant got back to me and said that unfortunately Brian wouldn't be able to attend but that he would like to pass on the following endorsement
'Rory was an innovator, a poet of the guitar, and a true gentleman. He was an inspiration to us all.
May the Rory Gallagher Festival ever keep the spirit of his music alive'.
Brian May

This endorsement has since been quoted on festival programmes and numerous re-offers have been extended in case Brian ever could attend the festival, but unfortunately nothing as of yet! But anyway, there's always hope!

Just thought I'd share this story when I saw this thread....
fromthehometown

Postby SUBY1974 » 14 Jun 2018, 22:06

fromthehometown wrote:Due to the link between Brian and Rory I thought I'd share this story....
I met Brian at a private Tour launch gig for The Darkness in the 100 Club in London in 2011. He was standing at the back taking it all in and was surrounded by people I now realise were from his production team. I had noticed a few people trying to approach him during the gig but the team around him quickly batted away any interruptions to his enjoyment of the gig (some might say this was cold or stand offish, but given the environs and his stature, I found it completely understandable). I noticed one his team outside having a cigarette during the gig and I took my opportunity to approach and ask if he could speak to Brian on my behalf about the Rory Gallagher festival in Ballyshannon (as I was well aware of his appreciation of Rory) and I am from Ballyshannon and a friend of Barry (the Festival Organiser). I was later approached by this same guy and brought over to shake hands with Brian and I took the opportunity to ask if he would ever like to endorse or indeed attend the festival. He then asked his team (the guy to whom I had been speaking) to pass on contact details so I could forward information regarding the Festival. I promptly did so the next day and had spoken to Barry who agreed that arrangements would be provided if he ever did want to attend. Alas his assistant got back to me and said that unfortunately Brian wouldn't be able to attend but that he would like to pass on the following endorsement
'Rory was an innovator, a poet of the guitar, and a true gentleman. He was an inspiration to us all.
Brian May

This endorsement has since been quoted on festival programmes and numerous re-offers have been extended in case Brian ever could attend the festival, but unfortunately nothing as of yet! But anyway, there's always hope!

Thanks for sharing. What a lovely story. Hope Brian May does play at both Rory Gallagher Festival in Ballyshannon and Cork. I have seen Brian in real life three times and shook his hand. He is a real gentleman. Subrata.
SUBY1974

Postby Sinner Girl » 02 Sep 2018, 21:14

fromthehometown wrote:Due to the link between Brian and Rory I thought I'd share this story....
Brian May

Nice story, thanks for sharing :D
''When I was a cowboy out on the Western Plain''

''Being back home means a lot.A bit a peace and quiet and some rest . I write all my songs at home.Its an amazing thing, the minute I get here I begin to wright'
Rory Gallagher
Sinner Girl

Postby SUBY1974 » 05 Sep 2018, 16:44

Happy 72nd Birthday Freddy Mercury of Queen. Subrata.
SUBY1974

Postby SUBY1974 » 20 Sep 2018, 21:56

Brian May selfie stick. Subrata.x :mrgreen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMchGMKvMKA
SUBY1974

PreviousNext

Return to Tasteful Topics ~ Not So Much Rory Related Forum