RIP Paul Kantner

For Rest In Peace only

RIP Paul Kantner

Postby RobertaSparrow » 29 Jan 2016, 08:59

We lost another one-

RobertaSparrow

Re: RIP Paul Kantner

Postby capo » 29 Jan 2016, 16:53

They say," never speak ill of the dead". But I'm sorry, I'm a good hater, and Paul Kantner was a ass and disrespectful to Rory. If you recall, Rory was set to open a number of dates with the "Starship" back in The 70's I think, and the first night, as Rory was wont to due, blew the "Starship" off the stage . The next night, not only was Rory denied a sound check and decent monitors, but they left Rory just a few feet of stage room. When Rory's complaints reached Kantner's ears, he came to Rory's dressing room and proceded to arrogantly "lecture" Rory on what a opening acts duties were and what they would be allowed by the "headliners". Well, Rory quit the tour right then and there went out on his own smaller headlining tour. Rory never forgot this slight, and neither have I! :mrgreen:
capo

Postby RobertaSparrow » 29 Jan 2016, 19:01

capo wrote:They say," never speak ill of the dead". But I'm sorry, I'm a good hater, and Paul Kantner was a ass and disrespectful to Rory. If you recall, Rory was set to open a number of dates with the "Starship" back in The 70's I think, and the first night, as Rory was wont to due, blew the "Starship" off the stage . The next night, not only was Rory denied a sound check and decent monitors, but they left Rory just a few feet of stage room. When Rory's complaints reached Kantner's ears, he came to Rory's dressing room and proceded to arrogantly "lecture" Rory on what a opening acts duties were and what they would be allowed by the "headliners". Well, Rory quit the tour right then and there went out on his own smaller headlining tour. Rory never forgot this slight, and neither have I! :mrgreen:

I know Capo, I agree, he and his band were hateful to Rory, and it was jealousy on their part. Rory was the sort of man that treated others very respectfully, and was hard pressed to speak ill of anyone.

And in fact, after I heard of those events I too lost all respect for Airplane, although I do still listen to the first Hot Tuna album, which BTW does not have Kantner on it.

Kantner was basically jealous, and he had good reason to be, because he was not nearly the musician or gentleman that Rory was.

But I do mourn the passing of an era, and the passing of my generation.

Two other acts that I cannot stand to listen to anymore because of their lack of respect for Rory- KISS (well, in all fairness, their music always sucked) and Tull.
RobertaSparrow

Postby SUBY1974 » 30 Jan 2016, 14:47

RIP Paul Kantner. Yes it is sad so many are leaving us. However here is the link as to how rude they were to Rory. Rory was right in his views. The Starship offered refund to the ticket holders after Rory quit. Over half of them asked for a refund. Karma indeed!! Jealosy is a funny old thing. It serves nothing. You can be inspired by someone as wonderful as Rory and follow your own path. See the good in others. Subrata.x
http://www.roryon.com/kantner348.html
SUBY1974

Return to R.I.P. Rest In Peace