R.I.P. Dimitris Maniatis

For Rest In Peace only

R.I.P. Dimitris Maniatis

Postby RobertaSparrow » 16 Dec 2014, 18:53

It's no secret I follow all things Rory, and I have come across many of the same names and faces on the boards. Some I have spoken with but most I have only chatted. One Rory fan whom I had never met but have heard the name round and round, one who went to Ballyshannon and to Cork to visit Rory at St. Olivers was Dimitris Maniatis. He suffered a massive head injury in an accident a little over a year ago, and languished in a coma for over a year, he passed away yesterday at the young age of 37. I know he has been mentioned on other sites, and surely members here on Loose Talk knew him as well.

Bibi Lehmann knew him, and she wrote this:

"Dimitris has gone to heaven and joined his idols Jim Morrison & Rory Gallagher!

Dimitris was a devoted fire-fighter in Athens and a huge music fan. I’ve met him the first time in March 2012 at the Kyttaro Club in Athens and we became friends immediately. We’ve met again in April 2013 at the Shadow Play Vol. 5 concert in Athens and as well as in June 2013 at the Rory Gallagher International Tribute Festival in Ballyshannon/Ireland. Dimitris was always smiling and joking, he was full of energy. He enjoyed life 100%.

Due to a stupid accident in October 2013, he got seriously ill. I visited Dimitris in December 2013 at the hospital in Athens. Unfortunately, he was in a deep coma. I spoke to his parents and to one of his doctors. They were hoping for a miracle. Sadly enough, the miracle never happened. Dimitris Maniatis passed away on Sunday 14th December 2014 at the age of 37.

R.I.P., my friend! I’ll never forget you!"

Re-posted without her permission, but Bibi if you read this, I hope you don't mind. What you wrote was very thoughtful, and as I said, I did not have the pleasure of ever meeting him-

-Cynthia
RobertaSparrow

Re: R.I.P. Dimitris Maniatis

Postby Jay Jay » 16 Dec 2014, 19:03

Even though I saw this fanatical Rory fan in Ballyshannon @ The Rory Fest. I never got to meet Dimitris unfortunately.
Very sad news indeed. My condolences go to all his family and friends

R.I.P. Dimitris Maniatis
Jay Jay

Postby SUBY1974 » 19 Dec 2014, 14:13

My condenses and prayers to Dimitris Maniatis family. I saw the news on FB and he was a true fan of Rory. Its so sad he died so young and he was only a few years younger then me. RIP and you are with Rory now. Love Subrata.x
SUBY1974

Postby JimLED » 19 Dec 2014, 19:44

My condenses to Dimitris Maniatis family. Never saw Dimitris, but I hope he was a true Rory fan. Rest in Peace, man!
Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
JimLED

Return to R.I.P. Rest In Peace