Happy 65th birthday to Freddie Mercury

Congrats, birthdays wishes put here.

Re: Happy 65th birthday to Freddie Mercury

Postby bottleneckblues77 » 09 Sep 2011, 21:38

A late happy birthday from me too - though I did recognize it on my Facebook status that day! I had the pleasure of going to the Montreux Jazz Festival this year and got a couple of pictures of Freddie's statue that faces out onto the Lake. I've included one especially crazy and unflattering one that my wife took.

SAM_0437.JPG

SAM_0412.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bottleneckblues77

Postby innuendo » 10 Sep 2011, 11:34

BRIGGES wrote:
innuendo wrote:
BRIGGES wrote:Hi Innuendo, I've met Queen in Brussels at their concert on 10th December 1974 and took some photo's of them at the hotel and on stage. The venue was very small (Theatre 140) and there were about 100 people. We had dinner after the show near the Grand Place and I had to drive Roger Taylor back to the hotel. I remember as it was yesterday... thought you would like this. Best regards, Bibi.

amazing bibi! thanks for sharing that. you're one lucky girl! and how did they seem to you?

Well, they seemed to me a young upcoming band. Their first album just came out. Remember, it was 1974.

also in '74 they released queen 2 and sheer heart attack, fantastic 2 albums and fans favorites!
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
innuendo

Postby innuendo » 10 Sep 2011, 11:35

BRIGGES wrote:Just born as a Scorpio in the year of the Tiger...presumably mostly always at the right places at the right times...:-)

that's excatly what i think, for some thing to happen to you like that you gotta be at the right place at the right time. did you talk to roger when you gave him a ride? please i'm very curious
innuendo

Postby innuendo » 10 Sep 2011, 11:37

bottleneckblues77 wrote:A late happy birthday from me too - though I did recognize it on my Facebook status that day! I had the pleasure of going to the Montreux Jazz Festival this year and got a couple of pictures of Freddie's statue that faces out onto the Lake. I've included one especially crazy and unflattering one that my wife took.

SAM_0437.JPG

SAM_0412.JPG

you recently came on the forum and you made big impression on me, my dream is one day to visit montreux and freddie's statue as well as rory's statue in ballyshannon. you're a queen fan?
innuendo

Postby innuendo » 10 Sep 2011, 11:46

the great thing about freddie's 65th birthday celebration at savoy hotel was that they had fun and raised money for aids (mercury phoenix trust). they raised over 200 000 pounds, you can read more here
http://www.queenonline.com/en/news-arch ... k-you-mpt/

and also freddie is on the cover of the word magazine with george harrsion (rip, it's gonna be 10 years since his passing) and adele

http://wordmagazine.co.uk/latest
innuendo

Postby bottleneckblues77 » 10 Sep 2011, 12:06

innuendo wrote:you recently came on the forum and you made big impression on me, my dream is one day to visit montreux and freddie's statue as well as rory's statue in ballyshannon. you're a queen fan?

I'm with you on seeing the statue in Ballyshannon too. Yes, I'm a Queen fan - and I think I become a bigger fan with each passing year as I mature and appreciate their music even more. I remember when I was younger that the "old timey" feel of Lazing on a Sunday Afternoon and Seaside Rendezvous on A Night at the Opera was not fully appreciated - I even skipped or fast forwarded through the songs. Now, I can't believe the diversity on any Queen album and really enjoy all the songs. I'm not as steeped in Queen's music as I am in Rory's (i.e. learning to play it, etc) but that is fast changing. As for Freddie's Statue (and the area/pavilion around it) I think he was given some prime real estate. I wish I'd taken a picture of what the statue is over looking and hope to see it in person again someday.
bottleneckblues77

Postby innuendo » 10 Sep 2011, 16:14

it's good to have another queen fan on the forum. and i agree with you-one of the things i loved so much about queen is that they were so diverse and they didn't limited themselves just to rock, there's so much going on their albums, i too appreciate it more as i get older. also if you wanna great ballads and soulful songs-queen is your band! but also if you wanna pure hard rock with all the attitude in the world-queen is your band! we appreciate it more as we're getting older but i have to say that my 20 months old son headbanged today with me on rock part of bohemian rhapsody and he certainly likes we will rock you. good music passes all boundaries (age ,religion...)
innuendo

Postby BIBI » 11 Sep 2011, 16:50

did you talk to roger when you gave him a ride? please i'm very curious[/quote]
Of course I talked to Roger but I'm not sure that he was listening to me... :)
BIBI

Postby Sinner Girl » 11 Sep 2011, 20:41

BRIGGES wrote:did you talk to roger when you gave him a ride? please i'm very curious

BRIGGES - Of course I talked to Roger but I'm not sure that he was listening to me... :)

lol Roger was in his film BIBI , but I'm sure that he listen just little ;) ;)
''When I was a cowboy out on the Western Plain''

''Being back home means a lot.A bit a peace and quiet and some rest . I write all my songs at home.Its an amazing thing, the minute I get here I begin to wright'
Rory Gallagher
Sinner Girl

Postby Sinner Girl » 11 Sep 2011, 20:44

bottleneckblues77 Nice pictures, I'm fan of Queen too, glad to see another fan of Queen on this forum
''When I was a cowboy out on the Western Plain''

''Being back home means a lot.A bit a peace and quiet and some rest . I write all my songs at home.Its an amazing thing, the minute I get here I begin to wright'
Rory Gallagher
Sinner Girl

PreviousNext

Return to Happy Birthday Wishes