Randy Hansen...Rory Replica

Well, that song she's humming, could make my guitar start strumming?

Randy Hansen...Rory Replica

Postby kirkvc03 » 22 Jan 2016, 06:06

I came across some video of live shows by Randy Hansen and was surprised to see him playing what appears to be a Rory replica. Hansen mostly covers Hendrix, so it was interesting to see/hear him play on the replica.
kirkvc03

Re: Randy Hansen...Rory Replica

Postby fenderbass » 02 Feb 2016, 22:15

It's not the Fender Rory Tribute Strat. It looks like it at first glance but the patches of paint are different, also Randy's has a tremolo arm fitted and also the truss rod neck adjustment screw is at the head of the neck on Randy's whereas Rory's is at the body end of the neck. It may an original well worn strat or it may be a new 'road worn' strat which are made by Fender with all the scratches, worn paint, rusted chrome parts etc.
fenderbass

Postby Stevo » 06 Feb 2016, 20:14

Can someone post a link please. I googled him, but got fed-up of seeing him with a left-handed strats upside down. (Never looks right to me).
Stevo

Postby RobertaSparrow » 07 Feb 2016, 03:38

Stevo wrote:Can someone post a link please. I googled him, but got fed-up of seeing him with a left-handed strats upside down. (Never looks right to me).

I think this may be what you are looking for. At 04:40, he switches out a regular sunburst Strat for a very well-aged Strat, and although it bears a resemblance to Rory's strat, the wear patterns are different.
RobertaSparrow

Postby Stevo » 07 Feb 2016, 22:57

It's well worn, but it's a black guitar. Does look a bit similar at a glance, but it's defo not a Rory relic.
Nice Hendrixy playing tho.
Stevo

Postby Shin Kicker » 10 Feb 2016, 20:52

Yeah, the custom shop Gallaghers have the paint applied through a stencil, so they all look the same and they look different than this. IMHO they don't look very good because the paint is applied to bare wood in spots through the stencil, instead of starting with a fully painted guitar and wearing the paint off until only a little remains.

Brad Delson from Linkin Park plays a custom shop Gallagher. I watched an interview with him once as he talked about his guitars. As he was talking about the Gallagher guitar it seemed like he had no idea who Rory Gallagher is.
Shin Kicker

Return to RORY GALLAGHER ~ GUITARS + Other Guitars + Gear Talk