Irish Tour '74 Guitar Book

Well, that song she's humming, could make my guitar start strumming?

Irish Tour '74 Guitar Book

Postby Stevo » 21 Jan 2015, 21:56

Just ordered my copy of the new guitar book.

http://www.rorygallagher.com/#/news/201 ... ok_out_now
Stevo

Re: Irish Tour '74 Guitar Book

Postby mac » 22 Jan 2015, 21:14

Thanks for the heads up Stevo, just ordered it now.
Disappointed no backing for walk on hot coals , ah well I'll work on my volume swells on a million miles away.
mac

Postby Stevo » 24 Jan 2015, 21:57

The book arrived yesterday (Friday). Unfortunately I'm at work and on call all weekend, so I have only had time to have a quick look at it.
Tried to download the audio files, but it crashed, and now I can't access the files anymore because the code has been used. Waiting for a new code to arrive via email. What a faff on. Why couldn't they just include a CD like the other 'Play Guitar With. . .' book?
Anyway, can't wait to get the Rory Strat out and try playing along.
Stevo

Postby Stevo » 26 Jan 2015, 23:13

The company reset my code 1st thing this morning, so I've managed to download the audio files.
They have each track twice. The 1st recording is Full Demonstration, the whole band minus Rory's vocals (although you can faintly hear them). The 2nd track is minus guitar and vocals (again, you can still faintly hear them being picked up by the drum mics or something), so you can play along with Gerry, Lou and Rod.
Another great guitar book to go with the others already released.
Thanks Donal and Daniel.
Stevo

Postby mac » 07 Feb 2015, 11:15

Got mine last week, great feeling playing with the live tracks, but a couple of issues.
I found it a hassle to download and burn to cd.... I'm not great with computers, but the bit I find more troubleing is the fact that there's no count in on the backing tracks. Press play and grab guitar very very quickly.
pity
mac

Return to RORY GALLAGHER ~ GUITARS + Other Guitars + Gear Talk