Rory's 1979 25th Anniversary Stratocaster

Well, that song she's humming, could make my guitar start strumming?

Rory's 1979 25th Anniversary Stratocaster

Postby gazzerd » 06 Jan 2015, 00:17

Hi, Does anyone know if Rory's 1979 Fender 25th Anniversary Stratocaster is still in his collection, or whether it was sold with some of his instruments a couple of years ago? It is shown here http://www.rorygallagher.com/#/archives ... ratocaster. Also if anyone owns any form of Fender 'ANNIVERSARY MODEL' Stratocaster I would be interested to hear from them. Cheers!
gazzerd

Re: Rory's 1979 25th Anniversary Stratocaster

Postby Vincent » 11 Dec 2015, 22:15

Good question! I did not know the answer untill today, when my copy of the "scrapbook" by Jean-Noel Coghe arrived. What I understand of the printed French e-mails (p. 275-280) in the book (though my French is not wat it used to be) is that the guitar was given on loan to the "MUCEM", a museum in Marseille, France. Apparently Donal Gallagher asked for it to be restituted at the start of 2015, so it could be exhibited at the Fender Museum in California. Somehow the French are refusing to give it back, because according to French law it now "belongs" to the museums inventory...

What I also understand is that initially the plan was to give Rory's Martin on loan to the same museum as well. Lucky enough apparently that didn't happen after all.

Anybody knows anything about the subject? Has this been settled yet? If I didn't understand because of my poor French, please correct (and forgive) me.

290141873_1698c77a88.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vincent

Return to RORY GALLAGHER ~ GUITARS + Other Guitars + Gear Talk