Few questions about mid pot connection

Well, that song she's humming, could make my guitar start strumming?

Few questions about mid pot connection

Postby JimLED » 22 Nov 2014, 01:08

Hello guys.

I wish to do a couple tests for my strat. First, it has one master volume and one tone volume knob.

Originaly, I use that:

What do you think if to connect a middle pot to the Bridge and Neck pickups, and middle point connect to (in) of volume pot?
I think it's a way to bright some good balance beetween two pickups. Sure, it gonna be always visible and audible in every way of switcher.

Or to put there the capacitor contrary... It's like global tone control...

What do you think of all of that?
Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
JimLED

Re: Few questions about mid pot connection

Postby Tom Jonas » 22 Nov 2014, 21:58

I'm absolutely amazed!!
Have no idea what you are talking about. I only know there's a tale about Peter Green fiddling with the mikes on his Gibson, changed the polarity or what ever, but with an impact on his sound. Gibson probably have guitars with the same wiring.
Tom Jonas

Postby Stevo » 22 Nov 2014, 23:46

Sorry. To hi tech for me. I never tinker with the electrics. To be honest, I don't often plug the electric in. I have a Fender Mustang which just gathers dust. My Rory Strat is next to the bed, so I pick it up and play whenever I pass, but mainly un-amplified.
Stevo

Postby paddywarde » 05 Mar 2015, 13:13

Hey I used the one tone control and one master volume for a while and worked great, you gotta have the bridge pickup connected to a tone control or it will make your ears bleed. But I'm now thinking of connecting the neck and bridge pickup to the middle pot and the middle pickup to the other pot. I just have this feeling that it's better to have two tone controls when using the inbetween switches you get more sounds and bit more fiddling, but it could be just in my head I'm still in my teens and still learning about the electronics.
paddywarde

Return to RORY GALLAGHER ~ GUITARS + Other Guitars + Gear Talk