Rory's Glories - Guitarist Magazine April 2012

Well, that song she's humming, could make my guitar start strumming?

Rory's Glories - Guitarist Magazine April 2012

Postby Madrid74 » 07 Aug 2014, 01:18

Just found this great video with the making off for the Rory's Glories photoshoot and Daniel Gallagher interview for Guitarist magazine (issue 354 April 2012, ) uploaded by Photiwat Sriman ( thai subtitled :D ).
As Rory said hope you enjoy it, I did !!

Madrid74

Re: Rory's Glories - Guitarist Magazine April 2012

Postby Jay Jay » 07 Aug 2014, 09:03

Madrid74 wrote:Just found this great video with the making off for the Rory's Glories photoshoot and Daniel Gallagher interview for Guitarist magazine (issue 354 April 2012, ) uploaded by Photiwat Sriman ( thai subtitled :D ).
As Rory said hope you enjoy it, I did !!

What a lovely interview :)

Thanks a million Madrid74 for finding this for us all to view :)
Jay Jay

Re: Rory's Glories - Guitarist Magazine April 2012

Postby RobertaSparrow » 07 Aug 2014, 11:25

Thank you Angeles for posting that one. That was the closest detailed view of The Strat that I'd ever seen, I knew it was worn to the bare wood, but more than that- worn into the grain of the wood itself, smooth deep gauges from Rory's hands and the pick- All those copies out there could never approach how that beautiful old guitar looks- I would say it almost looks splintered, but Rory's hands and his sweat wore the edges of the bare wood completely away. I never realized it was so worn the woodgrain is actually raised and swollen in parts. No wonder sometimes his hands would bleed.

And it's interesting that Daniel shows the black Esquire/Tele up close- I never realized it was the same one that used to be white, and he had it re-finished. I wonder if that's the same one that had the black pick guard with the drawings etched into it? If that's the same one that was run over, it would explain where that pick guard went. I would love to have the old pick guard on that one- even shattered to pieces, I bet Rory did those little symbols/drawings that were on it.

Thanks Daniel for giving us that up close look at the Strat. Lucky guy, gets to play it (Rory's no doubt proud of him, looking after it and taking care of it for him). 8-)

RobertaSparrow

Return to RORY GALLAGHER ~ GUITARS + Other Guitars + Gear Talk