Where is the Strat at present ?

Well, that song she's humming, could make my guitar start strumming?

Where is the Strat at present ?

Postby vasdis » 04 Apr 2014, 12:51

Probably a daft naive question but someone on The Rock Forum has asked where the Strat is (the one in the excellent recent picture).
I was wondering if anyone on here could tell me .Thanks in anticipation.
vasdis

Re: Where is the Strat at present ?

Postby JimLED » 04 Apr 2014, 15:14

hi there,
Strat lives in Rory family. I would give GPS coordinates to you, but I haven't :)
Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
JimLED

Postby vasdis » 04 Apr 2014, 21:19

Many thanks
vasdis

Postby RobertaSparrow » 06 Apr 2014, 07:44

vasdis wrote:Many thanks

I think it's a safe bet to say that Donal will never part with that guitar. That was Rory's most prized possession. It was part of him. 8-)
RobertaSparrow

Postby folkdeejay » 07 Apr 2014, 16:27

RobertaSparrow wrote:

I think it's a safe bet to say that Donal will never part with that guitar. That was Rory's most prized possession. It was part of him. 8-)

Unlike a whole slew of amps and guitars just sold - some of little note, but some real gems from his touring kit - the amps in particular.

There is a sale this week of the Legend custom build that Rory is holding in the Big Guns/Ghost Blues sleeve shots.

Estimated at £15 - 20,000 Seller wishes to remain unknown.
folkdeejay

Postby RobertaSparrow » 08 Apr 2014, 02:41

folkdeejay wrote:
RobertaSparrow wrote:

Unlike a whole slew of amps and guitars just sold - some of little note, but some real gems from his touring kit - the amps in particular.

There is a sale this week of the Legend custom build that Rory is holding in the Big Guns/Ghost Blues sleeve shots.

Estimated at £15 - 20,000 Seller wishes to remain unknown.

It's a beautiful guitar. It was given to Rory, and after he passed away his brother Donal returned it to the person who gave it to him. The seller wishes to remain unknown, but what is known, is the seller is not Rory's estate. 8-)

http://www.1818auctioneers.co.uk/sales/lot/68401/131/465/A-limited-edition---JS-Berlin-Legend---Patrick-Eggle-electric-guitar--once-owned-by-Irish-blues-and-rock-legend-Rory-Gallagher--having-figured-maple-finish--with-mother-of-pearl-inlay-to-the-neck--including-the---RG---monogram---Serial-No--JS-10-92-030---More-information-and-viewing-on-request/

There is a wonderful shot of Rory holding his guitar in that link. :)
RobertaSparrow

Postby Chris OK » 14 Jul 2014, 16:20

I hope Donal lets Jim Suhler play the Strat. As a matter of fact I hope he wants Jim to play it honestly. I think Jims hard work and dedication to the rock and roll and blues genre has earned him the place. He dedicates parts of every show to Rory. He wrote Restless Soul about Rory on his Bad JuJu cd. It is a terrific song. I hear so much come thru his music and his latest release Panther Beat marches on as an independent thinker and player and a man Rory would have jammed with had he still been here with us.
I saw Jim at the tribute in NYC at Club Iridium and for me stole the show.
Mississippi Sheiks, Bought and Sold, I Wonder Who, along w accompanying Davy that night.
He really plays w a passion that few can or would or could.
Chris O'Keefe
Chris OK

Postby fenderbass » 14 Jul 2014, 23:30

Have to agree with you Chris. I play bass with Against The Grain and have also just started jamming with another local blues band. We got a few standard things like Peter Green and Freddie King etc. Then our drummer suggested Jim Suhler. I had heard the name but never heard any of his material. So at our next rehearsal our drummer brings along Jim's CD Shake from 1995. We were all blown away by Jim's playing and we picked Snakebit and Graveyard Train which have now been added to our setlist. Our guitarist is having to learn a bit of slide but he is loving it. Jim's a Rory fan like ourselves and deserves more recognition as well as a play on the strat.
fenderbass

Return to RORY GALLAGHER ~ GUITARS + Other Guitars + Gear Talk