Rory's IBANEZ MUSICIAN MC 500 DS

Well, that song she's humming, could make my guitar start strumming?

Re: Rory's IBANEZ MUSICIAN MC 500 DS

Postby Vincent » 16 Dec 2012, 21:06

And here's some more:

IMG_0236 (640x427).jpg

IMG_0238 (640x427).jpg

IMG_0244 (640x427).jpg

IMG_0253 (427x640).jpg

IMG_0252 (640x430).jpg

Enjoy!

Vincent
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vincent

Postby alexisvc » 06 Jan 2013, 19:05

Hello,
sorry I didn't reply earlier - but somehow the messaging system did not work and I had no idea somebody replied! I'll upload the photos of the Ibanez MC 500 and Rory's gutar case soon!

thanx!
Alexis
alexisvc

Postby alexisvc » 06 Jan 2013, 19:06

Hi Vincent,
the Guyatone was one that I really wanted - but you were quicker :-) That's really a nice looking little guitar ... what does it sound like?

Alexis
alexisvc

Postby alexisvc » 06 Jan 2013, 19:23

Here are some photos of Rory's 1979 Ibanez MC 500 DS, made the day i got it. The instrument is almost liek new, has only two or three very minor scratches. The action is very high and I need to get it adjusted before I can play it. The electronics seem to work fine (9V battery in the bacsk) ... but since i have no manual it will takle me some time to figure out all the settings!

Cheers!
Alexis
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
alexisvc

Postby alexisvc » 06 Jan 2013, 19:29

This is one of Rory Gallagher's guitar cases - which i got together with the Ibanez guitar.
Note the Iberia Airlines Sticker ("Gallagher, Wardour St., London ...) ... Who knows anything about that? All i knwo is that the Marquee Club was in that Street in SoHo, but maybe they had an office there? And there's a sticker of the 1975 Montreux Festival ...

Who knows what type of case that is? Looks like some of the interior is missing, right?
alexisvc

Postby Jay Jay » 07 Jan 2013, 13:52

SUBY1974 wrote:Again its great that Rory fans have been able to buy his guitar and that they will be put to work. Its wonderful! Subrata.x

I agree with Suby..

Thanks a million Alexis and Vincent for showing us your pictures of these Rory treasures.
Even though Alexis I'm a little jealous as I nearly bought the Ibanez before you and wished I had now, especially with the extra's coming with case.

Rock On For Rory
Slainte, Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Postby Tim J » 07 Jan 2013, 17:08

Hi Alexisvc & Fellow Rory Guitar fans..Firstly cngratualtions to Alexi on his acquisition I'm a firm believer in getting Rory's Gear back to work !

I have posted my Rory Telecaster clip under 'gear sale' but I suspect it's being missed - so I hope you don't mind me gatecrashing here with my YouTube clip of Rory's Cherry Telecaster I acquired in similar fashion to Alexi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DodCo99inoY
Tim J

Postby SUBY1974 » 07 Jan 2013, 23:47

Thanks guys for showing your pictures and you tube clips. What I wanted to add was that the Rory fans who purchased the Rory guitars many of them are musicians and will obviously put the guitars to work as Rory would have wanted I am sure. Also at shows the musicians will probably say this was once Rory's guitars and obviously people at the music shows will ask about Rory, his guitar and music and in this way his legacy lives on. I do like the idea of a Rory Gallagher School of Music and it will be nice for students to play his guitars and they could be loaned out to musicians and I myself would love to play on of Rory's guitars one day. Just to add my acoustic guitar is 7yrs old and looks brand new! I am such a girly. I do play it a lot (and Rory knows that!)but am careful to limit the dents and scratches on it. Maybe I shouldn't fuss to much. There is something good when a guitar loses its vanish and it does show the guitar is being used. Subrata. x
SUBY1974

Postby Tim J » 08 Jan 2013, 10:00

The idea of Rory guitar owners getting together is a cracker !! I'd be very willing to help here..Subrata has been to see me play a few Rory tunes on my Rory Tele & the Fender Custom Shop Strat. I bet there's few others out there like Alexis (if the travel was possible) to come together for a Rory Workshop where our guitars could be shared with others.

This may need another thread as we've hi-jacked Alexis Rory Ibanez news !!!
Tim J

Postby SUBY1974 » 10 Jan 2013, 17:49

I agree with Tim. It would be nice to have a Rory Guitar workshop and fans who own Rory's guitar could come along and we could all learn a lot. I know my friends Susie and Callum would love to come. Rory's energy will be everywhere. Yes I did see Tim play in Sept and it was a really good evening and a nice tribute to British Blues and I love the Blues as much as I love Rory's music. I also found Tim Jenk Band's albums enjoyable. Subrata.x
SUBY1974

Previous

Return to RORY GALLAGHER ~ GUITARS + Other Guitars + Gear Talk