Page 3 of 4

Re: Rory Gallagher covers / lessons

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2015, 15:50
by mac
Perfect Adam, well done.
I can never manage the thumb over the top thing, wish I could it's a great advantage.

Re: Rory Gallagher covers / lessons

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2015, 15:29
by alloyd89
Thanks for your kind words. Yeah, using your thumb is definitely worth persevering with, I don't have particularly big hands so it's more of a necessity for me!

Re: Rory Gallagher covers / lessons

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2015, 21:24
by alloyd89
Shadow Play solo from Stage Struck. I can do a tab if anyone fancies it - let me know.


Re: Rory Gallagher covers / lessons

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2015, 18:48
by mac
Again great job Adam !
My covers have ended up a mix and match from different versions, I might have a million miles away with intro and first solo from irish tour and second solo from the studio version etc.
Do you play in a band or just for yourself ?
What do you use to record yourself ? Would a phone or tablet be good enough do you think ?

Re: Rory Gallagher covers / lessons

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2015, 12:45
by mac
Well I've answered one of my own questions and used a samsung tablet to record a cover.
I picked Calling Card cause there's not too many covers of it.

Re: Rory Gallagher covers / lessons

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2015, 10:32
by Jay Jay
Excellent Mac :)
Have you ever played in a band? .. If not you ought to think of getting one together ;)

Rock On for Rory
Slainte, Jay Jay

Re: Rory Gallagher covers / lessons

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2015, 22:35
by SUBY1974
Really good Mac. I enjoyed that. You did Rory proud. As I am learning the guitar, I am learning a lot from players on this forum. Well done. So much talent out there. Subrata.x

Re: Rory Gallagher covers / lessons

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2015, 16:45
by mac
Thanks a lot suby and JJ, I was a bit nervous about putting that up as I don't do social media at all.
As far as a band goes JJ, I'd like to give it a go just for fun, but its a different ball game isn't it, I would be so nervous on stage I'd be bound to mess up.
I do play in a couple of acoustic jams around Dublin and it gives a bit more confidence performing.

Re: Rory Gallagher covers / lessons

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2015, 21:21
by Jay Jay
mac wrote:As far as a band goes JJ, I'd like to give it a go just for fun, but its a different ball game isn't it, I would be so nervous on stage I'd be bound to mess up.
I do play in a couple of acoustic jams around Dublin and it gives a bit more confidence performing.


Go for it Mac, the band that is :) .. Also go for it with that attitude FOR FUN :).. If you've played to a live audience before, it's the same ball game. I found that the bigger the audience the less nerves I had. Plus the more times you do perform the more confidence and your nerves decrease..I found it easier playing in a band live. Than my one solo performance and also singing / playing in a duo to backing tracks.. I hate to admit about those bad sad days of my musical passed. Not at all though with my one band. Makes me quite proud of that part of my fairly short semi pro musical career.

I never mimed though, just as Rory never did :)

Re: Rory Gallagher covers / lessons

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2015, 17:49
by alloyd89
mac wrote:Again great job Adam !
My covers have ended up a mix and match from different versions, I might have a million miles away with intro and first solo from irish tour and second solo from the studio version etc.
Do you play in a band or just for yourself ?
What do you use to record yourself ? Would a phone or tablet be good enough do you think ?


I just used a standard digital camera mate.

I've played in several bands over the years, mostly originals and also a wedding band but I've recently moved soat the moment just been recording for myself really.

mac wrote:Well I've answered one of my own questions and used a samsung tablet to record a cover.
I picked Calling Card cause there's not too many covers of it.


Really nice playing and tone, second the comments about getting a band together!