RORY GALLAGHER Instruments / Gear Sale

Well that song she's humming, could make my guitar start strumming

Re: RORY GALLAGHER Instruments / Gear Sale

Postby JimLED » 14 May 2012, 22:53

Stevo wrote:Thats a different Gibson Meledy Maker to the one he plays at Dinkelsbuhl in 1985. The Dinkelsbuhl Meledy Maker was a single cut away.
I went through all the guitars and amps, any they're all way out of my reach. Perhaps they could sell some of Rorys picks? or a slide/bottleneck!?!

You're right, Stevo!

Also,

at 4:46 close look..
There's two black knobs on the video and input jack on the guitar's body is placed bottom of the knobs..
And the left-up corner of the body is more dark..
Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
JimLED

Postby Flamenca » 21 May 2012, 13:32

innuendo wrote:
Flamenca wrote:
innuendo wrote:great story flamenca, it's very cool you chatted with gallagher boys. hope you took some photos with them.

Sorry - I don't "do" photos ... never have either ... I'm a "sound" not "pictures" kinda gal :mrgreen:
There are very few photos of me in existence.

When I was first introduced to Rory, a photo crew turned up as they had come to take some press photos of another band and heard Rory was in the building. Naturally he agreed to them taking pictures, so there should be a photo of me sitting on the floor to the right of Rory's knee as the office was small and there wasn't enough chairs to go round, and I couldn't move out of the way fast enough before they took the picture :mrgreen: They're probably in the major label press archive somewhere ...

too bad, i would really like to see a photo of you and rory together. and i think i'm not the only one

This is the nearest I could find ... :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Flamenca

Postby maapji » 21 May 2012, 16:22

Hey Flamenca....what's wrong? The La Brea is still available ;)
maapji

Postby Flamenca » 22 May 2012, 12:54

maapji wrote:Hey Flamenca....what's wrong? The La Brea is still available ;)

Mixed feelings about it. I think the guitar has gone now. I didn't buy it.
1976 and 1988 have long gone too ... and they ain't ever coming back, that's for sure.

I already have three guitars which I seldom have time to play.
Probably better to let someone younger have Rory's guitars.
Someone who has the time to play them and for whom they don't carry any baggage.

Sometimes I feel angry with him for not doing more to help himself, and other times I feel angry with myself for not doing more to help him. Then I make myself snap out of it and think of the good times when he made me laugh so much I cried :lol: :lol: :lol: .
Flamenca

Postby maapji » 23 May 2012, 14:16

I just saw that the La Brea has been sold but the Gibson Melody Maker is on offer again :? .
If you purposely decide against it, it will probably not hurt that much. And yes, hopefully those who buy these guitars will play them a lot. It would be a real shame if they were to be kept in a corner as a memorabilia only.
maapji

Postby Wingerdave » 25 May 2012, 12:45

I would just love to get my hands on one of the VOX AC30's but 5 grand is a bit out my reach. I'll just have to stick with the VOX AD60VT for a while.

Dave.
If it ain't broke, you ain't trying hard enough !!!!
Wingerdave

Postby folkdeejay » 12 Jun 2012, 14:52

they are not exactly flying off the shelves atre they ?

Prices too high ?

The £70K windfall this kit represents may be worth a bit less than expected. Is this a sad reflection on the economy, a sad reflection of the diminishing legacy that Rory has in the wider world, or were they just overpriced for old kit.

Old Kit that, by and large, isn't iconic like The Strat or readily recognisable as a custom-made Rory item - like, say, Townsend strats with the additional volume knobs ?
folkdeejay

Postby tonetanner » 12 Jun 2012, 23:28

I reckon Rory himself wouldn't care. He demanded a good sound, and liked collecting a bit, but was 99% about making music. His legacy grows - his old kit grows old. I'd like some of it, but I'd like his entire back catalogue first.
TT
what do you think of that?
tonetanner

Postby folkdeejay » 21 Jun 2012, 22:23

Much of this historic, legendary kit is now on ebay :-(

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RORY-GALLAGHE ... 5ae7a8a813
folkdeejay

Postby Stevo » 22 Jun 2012, 00:00

eBay?!?
They are determined to sell these guitars and amps.
Stevo

PreviousNext

Return to Rory Gallagher ~ Guitars & Other Gear Talk