RORY GALLAGHER Instruments / Gear Sale

Well that song she's humming, could make my guitar start strumming

Re: RORY GALLAGHER Instruments / Gear Sale

Postby asdesas » 19 Apr 2012, 19:30

I just hope that wherever these instruments go, the owners from generation to generation will be aware of their Rory heritage. Man, what i wouldn't do to play an instrument Rory once played... or an amp... or... or...

It's a sad fact of life that owning things costs money even after their purchase. If the family is to continue working on fostering Rory's legacy, they're going to have to put that money into other things than storage and insurance.

Jay Jay I love the school idea. I think Rory would like it too. Some place that not only teaches musicians how to play, but gives them a schooling in the roots of the music they love and that's influenced culture. I'll bet Rory himself would have loved in later years to have sat with students, with a guitar in his lap, and spun the old gems from his record collection that rocked his blues boat.

Regards,
Richard
asdesas

Location: Los Angeles by way of Fullerton CA (where Rory's Strat was born!)

Postby maapji » 24 Apr 2012, 08:19

How did the viewing go? Does anyone know?
maapji

Postby Flamenca » 25 Apr 2012, 10:58

Hi Maapji

The preview went very well as far as I know.
I got there quite late ... about 7.00pm and the place was still very cosy due to the good turn out.
Everyone had a few beers and chatted. Various people got to play Rory's guitars and amps, but by 7.30 they started trying out the Fender Twin ... and yes it was loud :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
So much so that Donal, Chris Welch and I decamped to the pub next door for more liquid refreshment.
Chris soon left because his ears were hurting so Donal and I stayed and chatted for almost a couple of hours about old times. It was great to catch up with Donal again after almost 24 years. I was surprised he remembered so much without prompting from me! Daniel joined us later for, I guess for about half an hour whilst Donal chatted to a couple of other guys. It was very interesting to hear Daniel's Rory stories, although I think I might have bored the poor bloke to death with tales of yesteryear :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I started asking him about Cazals and what he's doing now, but somehow we got side tracked onto Rory again :roll:

It was just a preview. Nothing was sold on the night. Donal will be in touch.
Flamenca

Postby innuendo » 25 Apr 2012, 11:17

great story flamenca, it's very cool you chatted with gallagher boys. hope you took some photos with them.
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
innuendo

Postby maapji » 25 Apr 2012, 12:32

Sounds like you had a good time :D What an opportunity to play one of Rory's guitars! This by itself must be a memorable experience.
maapji

Postby Flamenca » 25 Apr 2012, 12:56

innuendo wrote:great story flamenca, it's very cool you chatted with gallagher boys. hope you took some photos with them.

Sorry - I don't "do" photos ... never have either ... I'm a "sound" not "pictures" kinda gal :mrgreen:
There are very few photos of me in existence.

When I was first introduced to Rory, a photo crew turned up as they had come to take some press photos of another band and heard Rory was in the building. Naturally he agreed to them taking pictures, so there should be a photo of me sitting on the floor to the right of Rory's knee as the office was small and there wasn't enough chairs to go round, and I couldn't move out of the way fast enough before they took the picture :mrgreen: They're probably in the major label press archive somewhere ...
Flamenca

Postby innuendo » 25 Apr 2012, 21:41

Flamenca wrote:
innuendo wrote:great story flamenca, it's very cool you chatted with gallagher boys. hope you took some photos with them.

Sorry - I don't "do" photos ... never have either ... I'm a "sound" not "pictures" kinda gal :mrgreen:
There are very few photos of me in existence.

When I was first introduced to Rory, a photo crew turned up as they had come to take some press photos of another band and heard Rory was in the building. Naturally he agreed to them taking pictures, so there should be a photo of me sitting on the floor to the right of Rory's knee as the office was small and there wasn't enough chairs to go round, and I couldn't move out of the way fast enough before they took the picture :mrgreen: They're probably in the major label press archive somewhere ...

too bad, i would really like to see a photo of you and rory together. and i think i'm not the only one
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
innuendo

Postby Jay Jay » 13 May 2012, 21:51

Jay Jay

Postby Sinner Girl » 13 May 2012, 23:00

Rory Gallagher
Gibson Melody Maker :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
''When I was a cowboy out on the Western Plain''

''Being back home means a lot.A bit a peace and quiet and some rest . I write all my songs at home.Its an amazing thing, the minute I get here I begin to wright'
Rory Gallagher
Sinner Girl

Postby Stevo » 14 May 2012, 21:47

Thats a different Gibson Meledy Maker to the one he plays at Dinkelsbuhl in 1985. The Dinkelsbuhl Meledy Maker was a single cut away.
I went through all the guitars and amps, any they're all way out of my reach. Perhaps they could sell some of Rorys picks? or a slide/bottleneck!?!
Stevo

PreviousNext

Return to Rory Gallagher ~ Guitars & Other Gear Talk