RORY GALLAGHER Instruments / Gear Sale

Well, that song she's humming, could make my guitar start strumming?

Re: RORY GALLAGHER Instruments / Gear Sale

Postby TimJ » 06 Jul 2012, 15:29

I think this discussion may become academic once Slash, The Edge & Joe Bonamassa take it in turns to walk into Rick's shop with their debit cards !! Thankfully Brian May declined saying he had enough AC30s !!! Hmmmmm...I let this go now...
TimJ

Postby Strat59 » 06 Jul 2012, 17:06

Dream on. Wouldn't you agree that a buyer is entitled to some form of COA from the Estate detailing the Item and its Serial # ? If you sold in say 15 yrs time what do you provide to a buyer as some form of proof ?? A hand written note on a sales receipt from a dealer. Those are all old well used items , their extraordinary value is in who owned and used them. You need some sort of valid COA from the actual Estate. Without that connection to Rory what would be their retail value in their present state , a fraction of those asking prices. That's why the need for a COA , as proof positive to preserve their value.

I just want to see them offered properly. All celebrity owned gear has some form of COA with it. In this case from the Estate and signed by Donal would be fine. Nothing more.

But as is evidenced , none of the Richie Sambora Collection have sold. People haven't the money to pay those high asking prices. At present those prices are unrealistic.
That's why I said they should allow people to make offers on Ebay that they can assess and decide on.

I'm sorry I have gone on about this but just wanted show that having some form of Providence from the Estate would help the sale and give piece of mind to buyers.
My last word on the subject ! :)
Strat59

Postby Jay Jay » 06 Jul 2012, 20:04

Strat59 wrote:
Jay Jay wrote:This Rory Gallagher Fender Telecaster is at a good low starting bid :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RORY-GALLAGHE ... _947wt_803

Definitely. It was the amps I was more focusing on price wise. Those prices are not attracting buyers. Better to allow fair and reasonable offer to be made.
But even with the Tele you should get a COA from the Estate to go with it no matter what the price.

Strat59.. I told Daniel Gallagher about this Telecaster I would have liked to have made an offer, for a the chance to have bought this on ebay with " Best Offer". When this Telecaster bidding ended.
He told me "sorry Jay Jay someone bought it from the shop" that's why the bidding ended :(
Jay Jay

Postby Strat59 » 07 Jul 2012, 02:33

Yes but my point is the Amps on Ebay are not selling just going around and around. There is no chance to make an offer for those. Did you ask about Cert Of Authenticity
can they be provided by the Estate for buyers ?

The only gear to have sold is the lesser priced gear.
Strat59

Postby folkdeejay » 07 Jul 2012, 16:54

And, whilst I know its easy to be overly critical, a picture taken of a £2.5K item, shown face down on a bare concrete wall hardly seems to be suitable handling for what is still a tidy guitar with gold hardware.

It seems like a rushed job to me - photo's of the various angles are needed - but the harsh/scratchy surface of what looks like a back-alley wall cheapens the whole listing, imo.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RORY-GALLAGHE ... 5ae7dfb5a8

One final grumjble from me, then I'm saying no more - where wa the listing on ebay/ newkingsrd website for the Marshal amp ? unless I messed it, I don't think it was ever put on-line. Unlike the ampeg amp, melody maker, La Brea etc it isn't on New King Rd's site now as sold either. So are some items for sale in person only :( If so, this Kind of excludes the rest of the world. :shock:
folkdeejay

Postby Strat59 » 08 Jul 2012, 00:28

And on the New Kings Road website , the Tweed Twin - First Photo is of a Tweed Deluxe Amp !........ Rory's Tweed Deluxe ? What happened to that ?
Strat59

Postby Jay Jay » 08 Jul 2012, 10:52

Strat59 wrote:Did you ask about Cert Of Authenticity can they be provided by the Estate for buyers ?

Daniel would soon give you a certificate of authenticity for certain.. if they don't provide at the shop or sent you one online by ebay with the item?

Tim have you got one for your Cherry Telecaster? If not and you want one I will give you Daniel / Donal's email address @ strange music, they would oblige and print you one off I'm sure.
Jay Jay

Postby Strat59 » 08 Jul 2012, 18:12

Cheers Jay Jay, I know that would be appreciated by anyone looking to buy. Of course we know it is all legit , but just as a matter of course should any of the items
ever be put back for sale in the distant future it covers the seller and new buyer and preserves the integrity of Rory's gear in the market place.
Strat59

Postby TimJ » 08 Jul 2012, 19:59

Jay Jay - I only have Rick's receipt he gave me vouching for the guitar being from Rory's collection. I'd appreciate a contact for Donal/Daniel..I'd like to further the cause if I can. I'm looking towards getting Rory's gear back to work - and get the gear in front of audiences that would appreciate seeing it....I'm convinced he'd have wanted this.
TimJ

Postby Jay Jay » 08 Jul 2012, 21:00

Hi Tim,

please look in your PM's ;)
Jay Jay

PreviousNext

Return to RORY GALLAGHER ~ GUITARS + Other Guitars + Gear Talk