RORY GALLAGHER Instruments / Gear Sale

Well, that song she's humming, could make my guitar start strumming?

Re: RORY GALLAGHER Instruments / Gear Sale

Postby Strat59 » 11 Jul 2012, 02:56

All Amps failed again to attract a bid on Ebay........... can they list them with a Buy Now or Make an Offer option ? Putting them contantly on ebay and having them
fail to attract a bid says 1. The price is too high and no one will pay it. 2. It makes it embarassing for Rory's legacy to see them relisted time and again with no result.
Strat59

Postby TimJ » 12 Jul 2012, 10:31

I'm starting to agree with you....Experts around me - and personal experience state - you will be 'nursing' an AC30 through lots of darn good thrashings ! Hence Rory had a few spare - (so does Brian May). They are beautiful creatures of delivery - but crude bits of kit according to my techy engineer.....when you get that burning smell...........! (And I guess Slash didn't show up with his credit card...)
TimJ

Postby TimJ » 25 Jul 2012, 10:33

Dear All

I have just received my 'Letter of Authenticity' from Strange Music - personally signed by Daniel - for the purchase of Rory's Composite Cherry Telecaster. For the record - Daniel always said he would provide these but there seems to have been a slight communication breakdown between Rick at New Kings Road Vintage Guitars and Strange Music. So...there you have it. A good result and hopefully the legacy will live on...To coin Rory's words - 'Let's go to work'...
TimJ

Postby Strat59 » 25 Jul 2012, 16:33

Great Stuff. If the fact had been publicised from the start the gear may not have passed in for a 3rd time now on Ebay. Rick should have insured he had them before offering each item for sale. Not pointing the finger but just common practice with Celebrity Owned Gear. Now if they would list them with a Buy Now or Make Offer option
Strat59

Postby alexisvc » 28 Nov 2012, 13:41

Well, I bought one of the Ibanez guitars Rory had and I got a nice certificate with the serial number from Daniel/Strange Music. I also think that the prices are high yes, but not too high. Just check the prices of other celebrity instruments. There>'s a Strat Eric Johnson played on some video ... for 99.000 dollars. Now that IS ridiculous. For that kind of money I can a whole GUITARIST ;-))
alexisvc

Postby Tim J » 05 Jan 2013, 18:42

Hi All...back after absence !! Thought a few of you may like to see & hear Rory's Cherry Telecaster. Here's a link to my YouTube clip - a rather rough affair done with my smartphone. If link fails you can search me out using 'Tim Jenks' or 'Rory Gallagher's Cherry Telecaster' in YouTube. I'd be interested in your comments. The guitar is back at work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DodCo99inoY
Tim J

Postby Tim J » 17 May 2013, 09:45

Anyone who wants to 'sling a string' on Rory's Cherry Telecaster - I'll have it on show at The Claregate Pub, Codsall Road, Wolverhampton, WV6 9ED on Friday 24th May. I'll also have my Fender Custom Shop Rory Strat for anyone thinking of getting one and would like a try out..... http://www.timjenks.co.uk & click on 'Tim's Gear'..

The 'TJ Band' will be airing a few Rory tunes on Friday 28th June for anyone who'd like to join in...Claregat Pub , W'ton postcode above..
Tim J

Previous

Return to RORY GALLAGHER ~ GUITARS + Other Guitars + Gear Talk