Rory Fans - voice your opinions and thoughts....

Ireland Travel Rory Places of interest, Bus Air & Guinness Tours

Rory Fans - voice your opinions and thoughts....

Postby Sid_Sidow » 12 Dec 2013, 08:43

After my trip this April all around Ireland, my hosts at the Cork B&B asked if I could post a comment on Trip Advisor (http://www.tripadvisor.com/)

Look for Mariaville House in the search box!! Barry is a great host AND Rory fan!

Also, now added in the search box - at my request - are four Rory sites you can post comments and photos.
Just enter - Rory Gallagher and all four should come up. Post your own comments and photos!! ss

Statue in Ballyshannon
Music Library in Cork
Rory Gallagher Place in Cork
Gravesite in St Oliver's
Thanks!! ss

"I'm the last of the Independants, the syndicate, they don't approve"
Sid_Sidow

Re: Rory Fans - voice your opinions and thoughts....

Postby Madrid74 » 12 Dec 2013, 10:23

Thanks a lot, I'll pass the info to some friend of mine who are going to 2014 Rory's Tribute Festival
Madrid74

Postby RobertaSparrow » 12 Dec 2013, 20:38

Yes, that kind of info is helpful. If I survive this dreadful winter I hope to go there ;)
RobertaSparrow

Postby handyt » 08 Jan 2014, 18:59

I've just returned from my xmas/new year holiday.
i spent the 2nd week seeing the new year in at Ballyshannon with my good friend Tommy McCafferty.
I slept in the room baby Rory was in when they lived in Owen Roe's.
i had a great time celebrating 2014 drinking Guinness in this quaint little Irish town??

It is certainly worth a visit as it's a totally different experience compared to when the Festival is taking place.
it was pouring with rain and blowing a gale and very cold but it's very warm and accomodating in the pubs & bars!!

I still get that sureal feeling when i walk passed the Statue, he had a drip of rain on his nose so i rubbed it off ,.....bless him.

The positives are ; Rory has gone however i have many,many friends in Ballyshannon and with many of the visitors i see each year ; Flash, Jay Jay,
Jim& Tony to name only a few.
Lifes good, enjoy it the best you can you never know whats round the corner?
i wish everyone i know and all the Rory fans all over the planet all the very best for 2014 lets party and remember Rory, the legacy is there it's up to us to ensure
the music never ends.(lines of a tune there somewhere)
best reagrds Tom
handyt

Postby Jay Jay » 11 Jan 2014, 16:41

handyt wrote:I've just returned from my xmas/new year holiday.
i spent the 2nd week seeing the new year in at Ballyshannon with my good friend Tommy McCafferty.
I slept in the room baby Rory was in when they lived in Owen Roe's.
i had a great time celebrating 2014 drinking Guinness in this quaint little Irish town??

It is certainly worth a visit as it's a totally different experience compared to when the Festival is taking place.
it was pouring with rain and blowing a gale and very cold but it's very warm and accomodating in the pubs & bars!!

I still get that sureal feeling when i walk passed the Statue, he had a drip of rain on his nose so i rubbed it off ,.....bless him.

The positives are ; Rory has gone however i have many,many friends in Ballyshannon and with many of the visitors i see each year ; Flash, Jay Jay,
Jim& Tony to name only a few.
Lifes good, enjoy it the best you can you never know whats round the corner?
i wish everyone i know and all the Rory fans all over the planet all the very best for 2014 lets party and remember Rory, the legacy is there it's up to us to ensure
the music never ends.(lines of a tune there somewhere)
best reagrds Tom

Hi Tom and a Happy New year to you too.

I did the same as you did in New year there in Ballyshannon a couple of years ago.When we had a very pleasurable time at Barry O'Neill wedding. It is wild cold and windy usually at this time of the year in that part of the world. Over compensating for this though. Are all our Rory friends & town folk, always being so warm welcoming and friendly :)

I assume you'll be back again like myself in late May, for the Rory fest ?

Rock On for Rory
Slainte, Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Return to RORY'S Ireland ~ North & South Connections