RORY GALLAGHER ~ at the shooting GALLERY

Fit into the picture you can't get inside the frame

Re: RORY GALLAGHER ~ at the shooting GALLERY

Postby keltic wolf » 21 Jul 2012, 13:12

Love the last photo....I've horses and goin out into the forest for hours with them is the best thing...often forget myself and start singin Rory tunes (poor horse) ...Out on the Western plain comes into my head more times ...I could just imagine Rory as a cowboy. ;)
Here I am...where are you?
keltic wolf

Postby RobertaSparrow » 22 Jul 2012, 23:14

Flamenca » 16 Jul 2012, 05:54
There's a thing ... I wonder if Rory rode horses?
It might be a stupid question! He was Irish so I guess he almost certainly did

Hi Flamenca, Yeah, I wondered that too. 'Specially hearing him sing Out On the Western Plain, and all his cowboy movie references. It's easy to imagine him riding through the chapparral somewhere in the southwest. And horseback riding is such a universally relaxing thing to do, I bet it would have helped him unwind. Anyone have any photos of him riding?
RobertaSparrow

Postby SUBY1974 » 18 Aug 2012, 20:33

One of my horse riding instructor learnt horse riding in Ireland bare backed. I was like "What no saddle?" I don't ride much now but I just love spending time with horses when I can. They are beautiful and in Ireland they do pony trekking holidays so I hope to go on one at some point. Yes I do wonder if Rory ever rode a horse? I am sure he did. Also you may like this you tube video. Its about Pignon. A French guy who trains horses. I don't particularly like horses being trained to perform for our amusement like in circuses but this video is quite special. Enjoy! Subrata. x

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig9sYDJ3 ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKjEEYyQqPk
SUBY1974

Postby keltic wolf » 26 Aug 2012, 19:05

hey guys was just surfin about an come across some class pics I never seen before on a facebook page called Rorys blues ...I think....never saw the one of Rory and Billy Connolly before :D
Here I am...where are you?
keltic wolf

Postby Flamenca » 24 Sep 2012, 18:54

RobertaSparrow wrote:

Hi Flamenca, Yeah, I wondered that too. 'Specially hearing him sing Out On the Western Plain, and all his cowboy movie references. It's easy to imagine him riding through the chapparral somewhere in the southwest. And horseback riding is such a universally relaxing thing to do, I bet it would have helped him unwind. Anyone have any photos of him riding?

And here's a picture of another little boy who no doubt loved Trigger too!
Wonder why his big brother is sulking :lol:
Could it be because he's jealous of his little brother's Roy Rogers outfit :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Flamenca

Postby RobertaSparrow » 24 Sep 2012, 19:47

Flamenca wrote:
RobertaSparrow wrote:

And here's a picture of another little boy who no doubt loved Trigger too!
Wonder why his big brother is sulking :lol:
Could it be because he's jealous of his little brother's Roy Rogers outfit :mrgreen:

:D Kinda looks like Donal is waiting for them to saddle and bring his pony around!
RobertaSparrow

Postby RobertaSparrow » 24 Sep 2012, 20:17

SUBY1974 wrote:One of my horse riding instructor learnt horse riding in Ireland bare backed. I was like "What no saddle?" I don't ride much now but I just love spending time with horses when I can. They are beautiful and in Ireland they do pony trekking holidays so I hope to go on one at some point. Yes I do wonder if Rory ever rode a horse? I am sure he did. Also you may like this you tube video. Its about Pignon. A French guy who trains horses. I don't particularly like horses being trained to perform for our amusement like in circuses but this video is quite special. Enjoy! Subrata. x

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig9sYDJ3 ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKjEEYyQqPk

Native Americans (Indians) usually rode bareback. Yeah, in recent years people have gotten a lot smarter about the proper way to handle horses. Monty Roberts is great with them-

I never had a horse of my own, but there was a ranch near my house that used to rent them for the day and we'd go riding in the foothills of the Sierra Madre range all summer. I used to watch westerns when I was a kid, and I always thought the old west would be a neat place to visit, but I always wondered where exactly was the old west. Wasn't till I went riding in those hills one afternoon that I realized I was surrounded by the west.
RobertaSparrow

Postby RobertaSparrow » 24 Sep 2012, 22:13

silentreborn wrote:
Sinner Girl wrote:I found this same picture in better quality ;)

Thanks sinner girl :)
Isn't it just the weirdest thing to see him with a mustache? Or am I the only one who thinks that's a little bit out of place there. :D

Wow. He looks like a kid trying to look older than he is. :lol: It's cute but he looks better without the mustache and with the longer hair IMHO.
RobertaSparrow

Postby Jay Jay » 16 Oct 2012, 21:27

RobertaSparrow wrote: It's cute but he looks better without the mustache and with the longer hair IMHO.

British Rock Guitar Player.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jay Jay

Postby RobertaSparrow » 16 Oct 2012, 23:48

Jay Jay wrote:
RobertaSparrow wrote: It's cute but he looks better without the mustache and with the longer hair IMHO.

British Rock Guitar Player.jpg

Now that's just . . . well, he looks too good there. . .
RobertaSparrow

PreviousNext

Return to Rory Gallagher ~ Photo Finish and Gallery