Rory Artwork ~ drawings & paintings

There's something burning deep inside of me and she's the only one who can set me free..

Re: Rory's drawings & paintings

Postby bullfrogger » 01 Jul 2011, 19:38

Simone67 wrote:..How can it be,that such an OUTSTANDING!! piece of artwork should exist, with the artist "unknown" ?!?
This is one of the finest pieces I have ever seen !!! -Did not spot it on Steve`s gallery site,though.

I only stumbled on it today... It's in the gallery on "The Rory Gallagher Group" FB Page... Will be updating quite a few things on the website over the next week... :)
Steve.
bullfrogger

Postby innuendo » 02 Jul 2011, 18:02

Sinner Girl wrote:Thank you Steve, that you find this amazing art (unknown Artis)

that's the best one so far! he/she totally got rory's face and hair
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
innuendo

Postby Simone67 » 02 Jul 2011, 18:09

..yeah !! My husband insists it must be a blurred photograph or something :) it`s so perfect,even the sweat in Rory´s hair...
Simone67

Postby Tokeiihto » 02 Jul 2011, 18:32

Yeah, I may be mistaken - if so, I sincerely apologize to the artist - but to my untrained eyes this looks like certain generic (Photoshop) filter effects were applied to a digital picture of Rory.
"From the fool's gold mouthpiece the hollow horn plays wasted words, proves to warn that he not busy being born is busy dying." (B. Dylan)
Tokeiihto

Postby bullfrogger » 02 Jul 2011, 21:15

Tokeiihto wrote:Yeah, I may be mistaken - if so, I sincerely apologize to the artist - but to my untrained eyes this looks like certain generic (Photoshop) filter effects were applied to a digital picture of Rory.

Even if it is a photo-shopped image (and I don't think it is).., I would love it to be blown up and framed, It's a cracker!
bullfrogger

Postby Sinner Girl » 03 Jul 2011, 18:56

Another one, amazing pencil drawing made by Sue my dear friend, and Eric Burdon fan also
''When I was a cowboy out on the Western Plain''

''Being back home means a lot.A bit a peace and quiet and some rest . I write all my songs at home.Its an amazing thing, the minute I get here I begin to wright'
Rory Gallagher
Sinner Girl

Postby JimLED » 03 Jul 2011, 19:19

I know two other good painters.

Eva Ivan and Theo Reijnders.

ImageImage

All artworks you can find at my website.

http://rorygallagher.com.ua/content/view/17/20/
http://rorygallagher.com.ua/content/view/14/20/
Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
JimLED

Postby bullfrogger » 04 Jul 2011, 10:37

I am not sure who the artist is but was taken from a "Cuckoo" You-Tube Video... :D
bullfrogger

Postby Simone67 » 04 Jul 2011, 11:46

Milka`s drawing post by "Sue", another SUPERB !!! one I think. Perhaps even better than the first one by Sue.
The one just above....sorry...but I don`t think that looks anything like Rory...which in my opinion just proves once again how talented those artists are,who do get it just right (eyes,proportions,nose etc.)
Simone67

Postby bullfrogger » 04 Jul 2011, 14:46

Simone67 wrote:Milka`s drawing post by "Sue", another SUPERB !!! one I think. Perhaps even better than the first one by Sue.
The one just above....sorry...but I don`t think that looks anything like Rory...which in my opinion just proves once again how talented those artists are,who do get it just right (eyes,proportions,nose etc.)

Yeah Simone, I have to agree with you, There are some that are absolutely A+++ but others are good attempts but Rory's features are not captured...

Art is very personal to the artist and it's results are not always what you consider to be a great likeness, however the Art here reflects the talented people who take time out to try and capture an image... As a non artist I am amazed at the talent we have on show, all of it! :D
bullfrogger

PreviousNext

Return to Paintings & Artwork