Rory Gallagher ~ You're Viewing or Listening to NOW?

№1 RORY FORUM PAGE. For Rory Gallagher. Discuss Rory related things with respect always!

Re: Rory Gallagher ~ You're Viewing or Listening to NOW?

Postby SUBY1974 » 01 Feb 2020, 21:09

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rOX_dxchv0

I never heard this Rory song. Thankyou for Gallagher Girl for posting. Its I Want You. Subrata.x
SUBY1974

Postby woodeye2000 » 04 May 2020, 21:38

I am not sure where to post this. In The States, we have a man named Pete Pardo, Sea of Tranquility. He has a very broad knowledge base of Rock music. Today he posted his favorite Rory albums. Tattoo and Calling Card were nearly in a dead heat, at the top of the list.
Stage Struck was Pete's favorite LIVE LP.

What is abundantly clear is that Pete has great respect for Rory's massive influence on those who have come along since, and great love for Rory's playing and singing.

Pardo was wearing a brand new looking (probably only has it dry cleaned!) Irish Tour t-shirt. I want.
woodeye2000

Postby capo » 04 May 2020, 22:24

Yes, I have seen him post a number of Rory related videos. He always features Rory's latest release, like Check Shirt Wizard. He is very much a hard rock/classic rock and metal fan but is also a big fan of Rory.
capo

Postby woodeye2000 » 04 May 2020, 22:35

capo wrote:Yes, I have seen him post a number of Rory related videos. He always features Rory's latest release, like Check Shirt Wizard. He is very much a hard rock/classic rock and metal fan but is also a big fan of Rory.

Pardo's focus is an ecclectic mix of Hard Rock and Prog. In the background of his videos is a wall of 1000'sCDs, as I'm sure you know, capo. I have never come across anyone with such a thorough familarity with Rock.

It is exciting to hear our guy Rory get this attention, on the heals of CSW !

Pardo appreciates all of Rory's musicology, bluesy, hard, electric, accoustic, swampy, slide...

But Pete, IMV, nothing tops IT 74. When the crowd sings their chant of love for native son Rory Gallagher, it is over, my friends.
woodeye2000

Previous

Return to • RORY GALLAGHER • TASTE•FUL • HOMEPAGE