Young Guitarist "Discovering" Rory's Bullfrog Blues

№1 RORY FORUM PAGE. For Rory Gallagher. Discuss Rory related things with respect always!

Young Guitarist "Discovering" Rory's Bullfrog Blues

Postby RobertaSparrow » 23 Nov 2018, 19:31

This is another clip I came across on YouTube-

I enjoy seeing Rory "rediscovered" by younger generations-

RobertaSparrow

Re: Young Guitarist "Discovering" Rory's Bullfrog Blues

Postby zanny » 26 Nov 2018, 07:28

Yes, this appreciation is nice until around the 11.59 minute mark when Fil tells listeners: 'He [Rory] comes from Ireland so he's from the UK anyway'.
Er.....no!
zanny

Postby Jay Jay » 26 Nov 2018, 21:38

Excellent analysis from this guy Phil form Wings of Pegasus and smiling all the way through too :)

As Phi says not many guitarists in the world could play full on and keep their cool like Rory did in this great performance.. Never dropping a note or chord whist moving about so much on stage as he did here. Plus with the audience invading the stage also amazingly coolness and professional by Rory as Phil states.

Phil absolutely sums up just what an incredible performer our hero Rory Gallagher was :)
Jay Jay

Postby RobertaSparrow » 26 Nov 2018, 21:42

zanny wrote:Yes, this appreciation is nice until around the 11.59 minute mark when Fil tells listeners: 'He [Rory] comes from Ireland so he's from the UK anyway'.
Er.....no!

Yeah, I noticed that too, but I don't think he meant any harm, and owing to the fact that Rory loved all of Ireland, including the northern part, I don't think he'd mind. I think he would be happy to be discovered by a young guitarist.

Rory at home in his beloved Belfast.

RobertaSparrow

Postby RobertaSparrow » 26 Nov 2018, 21:47

Jay Jay wrote:Excellent analysis from this guy Phil form Wings of Pegasus and smiling all the way through too :)

As Phi says not many guitarists in the world could play full on and keep their cool like Rory did in this great performance.. Never dropping a note or chord whist moving about so much on stage as he did here. Plus with the audience invading the stage also amazingly coolness and professional by Rory as Phil states.

Phil absolutely sums up just what an incredible performer our hero Rory Gallagher was :)

Yes, the kindness and energy that Rory always showed his fans when he performed, I am so happy to see young upcoming artists seeing, "discovering" Rory. If only he had seen him live on stage, that is an experience I would not trade for anything. We the old fans are soooo lucky that way. :mrgreen:

here it is, in all its glory, that clip with Bullfrog Blues. Well, did you ever??

RobertaSparrow

Postby Jay Jay » 26 Nov 2018, 22:10

He is a decent vocalist /guitarist himself this Phil from Wings Of Pegasus if you look on youtube..

Jay Jay

Return to • RORY GALLAGHER • TASTE•FUL • HOMEPAGE