New Biography: Rory Gallagher The Man Behind the Guitar

Rory Gallagher No.1 Page for Discussion.. Topics Rory Related with Respect Always

New Biography: Rory Gallagher The Man Behind the Guitar

Postby Triolian » 20 Sep 2018, 10:17

Just read about this new biography hitting the stores in October 2018.
Donal is not happy about it, understandably. However, he talks about his book since many years. Would have been a great thing if Donal finally came out with his long awaited biography. Rory's 70th Birthday would have been a good time.
However, I ordered a copy of that new "biography".

https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/3142 ... book-slam/
Triolian

Re: New Biography: Rory Gallagher The Man Behind the Guitar

Postby AnnaMaria » 20 Sep 2018, 18:10

I can imagine he is not happy with the book and I also hope he will write his own book. However this book will be released. I heard about the book over a year ago because there might be some "things" written in it that has to do with Sweden. IF, just IF its in the book I can at least confirm wether its true or not.
AnnaMaria

Postby Sid_Sidow » 20 Sep 2018, 23:41

Well, I had been looking forward to any new book on Rory.......
But if it a bad hit piece - forget it!!! :evil:
Thanks!! ss

"I'm the last of the Independants, the syndicate, they don't approve"
Sid_Sidow

Postby Regina » 21 Sep 2018, 04:43

Please excuse Anna Maria .... but what happened in Sweden? Was it something you could talk about? In not being, I apologize again anticipated by the curiosity to desire to know .... I never knew of absolutely nothing and I confess that now this caught my attention ... it is not with intention to offend and if it is possible to answer, I would be grateful! If it is not, I will also understand! ... hugs to all!
Regina

Postby Regina » 21 Sep 2018, 04:44

:D ;) Oh, as a fan and in the absence of the long-awaited biography to be made by Donal, I'd love to read this one (BY Julian Vignoles) .... I have the others: Connaughton's, Muise's and Coghe's!
Regina

Postby zanny » 21 Sep 2018, 08:24

Julian Vignoles was an invited guest at the recent launch of the commemorative coin in honour of Rory. Donal and his family also attended.
https://www.donegaldemocrat.ie/news/hom ... -coin.html

https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/3282 ... -autistic/

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingn ... 89854.html
Last edited by zanny on 07 Dec 2018, 08:48, edited 1 time in total.
zanny

Postby Agnes » 05 Oct 2018, 21:41

AnnaMaria wrote:I can imagine he is not happy with the book and I also hope he will write his own book. However this book will be released. I heard about the book over a year ago because there might be some "things" written in it that has to do with Sweden. IF, just IF its in the book I can at least confirm wether its true or not.

Dear AnnaMaria, I can confirm that NOTHING had happened in Sweden. It was one of the disgusting rumours about Rory's private life and no one confirmed. Please don't contribute in spreading it.
Agnes

Postby zanny » 29 Oct 2018, 07:12

Julian Vignoles will speak about Rory, at Waterstones bookshop in Cork, at 7.00pm on 1 Nov.
https://www.longfordleader.ie/gallery/f ... aunch.html
zanny

Postby AnnaMaria » 29 Oct 2018, 22:13

Dear All, I will ofcourse say nothing. Do not want to cause anykind of troubles.

However, to me it was a really, really good thing and I think that you would think so too. Iḿ so happy about it. So please do not think itś something bad or has to do with stupid rumours.
AnnaMaria

Postby zanny » 01 Nov 2018, 04:05

I've read Vignoles' biography. It is quite detailed and parts of it are exploratory and interpretive. However, as far as I can see, there is nothing significant about Rory in the book that is new. The 'insights' suggested by the book's subtitle (The Man Behind the Guitar) were in fact all reasonably familiar, to be honest.

(I spotted one or two minor details in the book that to my own knowledge are incorrect.)
zanny

Next

Return to RORY GALLAGHER'S ~ TASTE-FUL " LOOSE TALK " MAIN DISCUSSION FORUM