Rory Strat Master Interviews 1991

#1 Rory Page for Discussioin.. Topics RG Related with Respect Always

Rory Strat Master Interviews 1991

Postby SUBY1974 » 15 Jun 2018, 13:22

Hi Guys. I wonder if you could help me. I was looking for Rory's three part Strat Master interviews from 1991. They have all been deleted due to copyright issues. Is there anywhere that copies have been kept and can still be viewed on the internet?
Rory gives great advice on those interviews and he did those interviews to teach other guitarists his knowledge and experience. Its a shame I can't find them anymore.
It would be greatly appreciated if I can view them again.
Thanks. Subrata.x
SUBY1974

Re: Rory Strat Master Interviews 1991

Postby RobertaSparrow » 15 Jun 2018, 20:58

SUBY1974 wrote:Hi Guys. I wonder if you could help me. I was looking for Rory's three part Strat Master interviews from 1991. They have all been deleted due to copyright issues. Is there anywhere that copies have been kept and can still be viewed on the internet?
Rory gives great advice on those interviews and he did those interviews to teach other guitarists his knowledge and experience. Its a shame I can't find them anymore.
It would be greatly appreciated if I can view them again.
Thanks. Subrata.x

I've noticed much of these videos are now gone, as well. I understand the need for protecting Rory's lagacy, but these interviews and other rare video clips of Rory are vital for keeping his legacy, and memory alive, and for letting the public at large discover or re-discover him. Someone, some Rory organization or entity, should be archiving these things and allowing them to be viewed by everyone. So many young people became interested in Rory after these clips became accessible, and that really should continue. The Strat Masters' series is one of my favorites, Rory offers so much of his insight there, it's a shame that it is now gone.
RobertaSparrow

Re: Rory Strat Master Interviews 1991

Postby SUBY1974 » 15 Jun 2018, 21:53

Hi Cynthia,
Glad you and everyone enjoyed the Rory Gallagher Festival in Ballyshannon.
I just purchased the Strat Masters DVD here for Susie and myself:- https://www.amazon.co.uk/Strat-Masters- ... B001KM0VWE
I am quite amazed they have deleted them. How can guitarists learn otherwise? You tube and social media is meant to make accessing guitar teachings much more easier. Especially teachings from the guitar greats like Rory!! It also helps keep Rory's legacy alive.
I only play guitar for myself but I still love watching and learning from the videos online. Weird world we live in, especially in the 21st century.
;) Subrata.x
SUBY1974

Return to RORY GALLAGHER'S ~ TASTE-FUL " LOOSE TALK " MAIN DISCUSSION FORUM