RORY GALLAGHER ~ THE MOVIE

Rory Gallagher No.1 Page for Discussion.. Topics Rory Related with Respect Always

RORY GALLAGHER ~ THE MOVIE

Postby Jay Jay » 05 Jun 2018, 21:43

At the weekend, thousands of people visited Ballyshannon for the annual Rory Gallagher Festival.
It was at this event, during a special Ocean FM programe broadcast live from the Abbey Arts Centre, that Rory’s brother, Donal, revealed how efforts to make the film are at an early stage :)

https://www.oceanfm.ie/2018/06/05/moves ... gallagher/

Rock On for Rory
Slainte Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Re: RORY GALLAGHER ~ THE MOVIE

Postby AnnaMaria » 06 Jun 2018, 09:28

Great! :D
AnnaMaria

Postby SUBY1974 » 07 Jun 2018, 21:12

Exciting news. Rock On For Rory!!! Remember Susie and I want to be in it. :mrgreen: ;) Subrata.x
SUBY1974

Postby Faylool » 09 Jun 2018, 15:47

Well....I hope it’s not going to be a actor playing a part myself....anyway....
Faylool

Postby capo » 10 Jun 2018, 01:08

Years ago we had a thread here discussing a movie being made on Rory's life. I will repeat now what I said, as I recall, then,that I hope to god its not a 'cradle to grave' bio pic that will lose Rory's essence as both a man and a artist and wallow, as Hollywood tends to, in the tragic aspects of his life. My idea is to pick one moment in time, a dramatic pivot point, and focus on that. And what better point in time then when Rory, and only he, was brave enough to play Belfast and other Northern parts of Ireland, at the height of "The Troubles". A talented screenwriter could make much of this, bombs going off, death threats, unrest, the kids on both sides "starved" as Rory said, for live music and fun. The authorities and civic leaders all against it, the adults, ect. But in the end Rory comes through, and in his quiet, humble way, bridges the gap, even if just for one night, to a torn people. Thats my humble opinion. Oh, by the way, John Cusaick is way too old now to play Rory! :mrgreen:
capo

Return to RORY GALLAGHER'S ~ TASTE-FUL " LOOSE TALK " MAIN DISCUSSION FORUM