Meeting Place

#1 Rory Page for Discussioin.. Topics RG Related with Respect Always

Meeting Place

Postby downunderkev » 23 Mar 2018, 04:08

Is it true that the meeting place in Middleton is no more? anyone know staus. I was there in 2002 for the Rory Gallagher tribute show . what a shame if that pub is closed
downunderkev

Re: Meeting Place

Postby Jay Jay » 25 Mar 2018, 12:28

downunderkev wrote:Is it true that the meeting place in Middleton is no more? anyone know staus. I was there in 2002 for the Rory Gallagher tribute show . what a shame if that pub is closed

Hi Kev, yes the "Meeting Place / Rory Gallagher Bar" In Middleton Co Cork closed down in 2003. I took a visit down there that year at end of May. Just before going up to Ballyshannon Co Donegal for the first ever 3 day International Rory Gallagher Festival. Was totally shocked & surprised when I found out when speaking to Barry Barnes (Sinnerboy) outside the building. That Tony Moore (owner) had took out all his Rory Memorabilia and vacated the Meeting Place premises :(

This http://www.rorygallagher.com forum was previous called The "Meeting Place" after Tony's Meeting Place.. Yes it was probably the first venue of any real note in Ireland to stage Rory Gallagher tribute bands on a regular basis, from all over Europe. Rory fans came from all over the world to visit there. Before "The Rory Fest" Ballyshannon and "Cork Rocks for Rory" took over somewhat, since those early days of RG Tribute bands /artists :)

Rock On for Rory
Slainte Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Re: Meeting Place

Postby Sid_Sidow » 25 Mar 2018, 15:35

My son and I toured the area in 2013 and we stopped in after visiting the Jameson facility.
I saw some photos of Rory but no other memorabilia.
This was 2013, did something change in those ten years?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thanks!! ss

"I'm the last of the Independants, the syndicate, they don't approve"
Sid_Sidow

Return to RORY GALLAGHER'S ~ TASTE-FUL " LOOSE TALK " MAIN DISCUSSION FORUM