The Irish Rock Story: A Tale of Two Cities

#1 Rory Page for Discussioin.. Topics RG Related with Respect Always

The Irish Rock Story: A Tale of Two Cities

Postby ken » 15 Mar 2018, 19:26

Not sure this has any Rory , but has Phil Lynott, and Lizzie.
On BBC 4. Friday night ........ Think there is some Van laster on as well that evening. I am glad there is something on Phil, richly deserved.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02lm2j ... s&ns_fee=0
ken

Re: The Irish Rock Story: A Tale of Two Cities

Postby Jay Jay » 17 Mar 2018, 10:55

Yeah Ken, I did switch on this programme when I came back late from work last night. Missed the first 20 mins so don't know if Rory with Taste was featured at all? When I started watching they were featuring Van Morrison's contribution to Ireland's musical history. Then moved on to the tragic story about the Miami Show band, who got attacked with 3 of the members of the band being killed, after a gig they'd played in the north. Then they showed RORY playing at the Ulster Hall and rightly pointed out that he the hero or the North & the South. Being the only musical artist with his band to play in Belfast, regardless of the bombs and troubles throughout one of the worst periods of it's history.

Rock On For Rory
Slainte Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Re: The Irish Rock Story: A Tale of Two Cities

Postby ken » 17 Mar 2018, 12:59

Media exposure, is important, for no other reason than it brings to the attention new fans, especially young fans.
Not sure Rory was ever concerned with fame and fortune, but that his music had a 'legacy', not in a stuffy way.
I think he would be delighted to see and hear the young bands that are influenced by what is going on at Ballyshannon and Nantwich, and of course all the other festivals around the world. At the end of the day it is the music, and wether it is valid. To me and many it will always be, Rory was not about being popular, he was because his music was exceptional, and he had a sincere honesty that simply shines through his work. I only met the man twice, but he was so focused on his music, so humble.
ken

Return to RORY GALLAGHER'S ~ TASTE-FUL " LOOSE TALK " MAIN DISCUSSION FORUM