RORY!
Dwana Horner

Re: "IRISH FIRE"

Postby SUBY1974 » 02 Mar 2018, 14:27

:mrgreen:
SUBY1974

Postby ken » 04 Mar 2018, 09:28

Read your lovely poem, and thought this would be relevent.

Sorry I do not know how to post it here, but on flikr.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/52647217@N00/
ken

Postby Dwana Horner » 04 Mar 2018, 20:12

Ken... love the photos.. thanks. Whatever I write is inspired by what "Rory" sends to me in my head, my dreams, it's all him.
I'm the one with the pen, paper and the typewriter..
Dwana Horner

Postby ken » 04 Mar 2018, 20:46

Thought you might like it, It will e in an exhibition that I am putting together. I am hoping to make some prints limited to a about half a dozen . I am hoping to show them at a couple of festivals, the money that I make will go towards a charity, one in the home place of Jimi Hendrix's bass player Noel Redding (where Jimi wrote 'Fire" by complete coincidence) where Jimi played on his first tour of the uk in 67. Noel's mothers house is at the end of my road, and Jimi played in the local main town, he also practised in the local scout hut, 20 meters from my house. They had a Jimi weekend, in November and there were musicians and artists. I have developed the photography with a mixture of water colours and photography, to give a fresh look . I never photographed Rory, but have photographed both Rory's strat, and Jimi's astoria strat when working in London. I have gone back to painting as I am now retired. It is for enjoyment, not a money making idea, I have given a few away to people I have known, and who have helped me . It is about spreading the love of the music, that we have. I will post on here when the dates are confirmed .
ken

Postby Faylool » 06 Mar 2018, 04:57

The watercolor is sensational.
Faylool

Postby ken » 15 Mar 2018, 19:17

Thanks,
I am currently booked in for the Nantwich festival later this year, 2018..... I will be showing some of my Rpry paintings/Images. I am also discussing with Ballyshannon for 2019.
People can buy a limited edition series if they wish ALL profits go the the festival, This is not about making money, in fact I am sure it will cost me, but that is up to me?
I have offered a similar deal to the Rory Gallagher festival organisers TBA. Perhaps I can get Donal or Daniel to sign these, I will ask. I hope to show some photos of Donal with Rory's guitar, and Barry Barnes that I have taken, I am sure Barry will be only to happy.

i will post a link to the images, so people can buy , but this will be later this year. (Summer time)
I am doing a few exhibitions, but the 2 rory events will be unique, as I say this is NOT for personnal gain, but an appreciation of the man and his music,
ken

Postby Dwana Horner » 20 Mar 2018, 23:21

Every Time I think I've nothing left to write- I get inspired by something that I've read, saw some where- or a person.
The title of "Irish Fire" was something that just "popped" into my head and the rest was easy.
Dwana Horner

Postby Dwana Horner » 07 Apr 2018, 17:57

My sister in law Susan Tarbell was here for an overnight visit: she came with a friend named Karen. Karen drove. We had a nice visit, the hubby showed Karen the tour of the house. When she was at the end of the starcase going to the basement: She stopped dead in her tracks infront of my two paintings hanging on the wall. She said "Whose That?" (she was looking at my Rory Gallagher artwork that the hubby paid a lot of money for.. :). I tell her "Oh that's Rory Gallagher..the last great Irish blues guitarist." I went into how I knew him, how amazing he was as a musician.. oh it was game on. we spent a lot of time talking about how she should go on You Tube: "Play back the Irish Tour" I say to her.. "Find all the live recored music concerts"
We had a nice conversation about rock music, Prince, Michael jackson..Elvis presley.. the opiod crissis that ended their lives too soon. David Bowie.. I showed her my concert program where David Bowie autographed so very long ago. I told her, back in the day. I was the "master of getting rock star autographs.. 8-)

. The last part of the house was my art studio where I attempted to do some oil paintings of his face. (I hung only the best ones on my wall). Oh Karen took a screen shot of a Rory Gallagher Tribtute poster with her camera. Before both of them left to go back home.. I whispered in Karen's ear "Rory".. she giggled. Ok Rory I sort of "nagged" her.. she's going to find your music.
Dwana Horner

Postby Dwana Horner » 13 Jun 2018, 23:25

JUST ONE DAY

If I had one day with you-
The first thing we do would
hug.
I'd touch your face-
kiss a cheek.
Snuggle like an Irish
rug

Just one Day

All my words- fall from my
lips.
All I wished I said- when you
were here.
Unspoken thoughts-stuck
on my tongue.
Only when I dream- I feel you
near.

Just One Day

If only I could back up time.
Reverse and start time
again.
Be brave enough to open
my heart.
Go back to where it began

JUST ONE DAY

If I could "feel" your arms arround me
again.
If I could kiss your cheek one more
time.
Hear your voice in my ears
Leave my hurt and sadness in
rhyme

In just one day Rory
In just one day..

( just when I think I cant find the right words.. I'm inspired.
My tribute for you Rory.. I will love you to my last breath..)
Dwana Horner

Next

Return to RORY GALLAGHER'S ~ TASTE-FUL " LOOSE TALK " MAIN DISCUSSION FORUM