Remembering Rory for his 70th Birthday in Cork and Holland

#1 Rory Page for Discussioin.. Topics RG Related with Respect Always

Re: CIT in Cork to Remember Rory for his 70th birthday

Postby Dwana Horner » 01 Mar 2018, 06:48

It's unreal when I think ..Rory would've been 70 in two days. I wrote something special for him. I guess I'll post it here.
Or create my own thread to honor his "Birthday"
Dwana Horner

Postby RobertaSparrow » 01 Mar 2018, 19:44

Wow. The big 70. Happy Birthday Rory. Where did all those years go? (Yes, I know it's a day early here, but it's tomorrow there. ;) )

RobertaSparrow

Postby Dwana Horner » 02 Mar 2018, 00:39

Not able to see the image you posted.. I assumed it's copyrighted ..??
Dwana Horner

Re: Remembering Rory for his 70th Birthday in Cork and Holla

Postby Jay Jay » 02 Mar 2018, 13:17

Cork are not the only ones celebrating what would have been Rory’s 70th Birthday. Hundreds of his dedicated fans have gathered together from all over the World to celebrate his great life and musical legacy here in Wijk Aan Zee in Holland, for their annual 2 day Tribute to our hero. Sadly due to adverse weather conditions in the UK and especially Ireland where all flights have been cancelled, these Rory Fans cannot make it. For those who unfortunately could not make it, I am sure you will be with us in spirit as Rory’s spirit for sure will be :)

Rockin’ On For Rory
Slainte Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Postby SUBY1974 » 02 Mar 2018, 14:24

Happy 70th Birthday Rory. Have a great rocking birthday up there. Subrata and Susie.x :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Wahooh I am off next week for my birthday ( 6th March). Can't wait. :D
Everyone have a good time in Holland.
SUBY1974

Postby Regina » 02 Mar 2018, 20:29

Crossing a hot sunny afternoon in my country ... and of course remembering that today Rory would be 70 if he were among us ... I never tire of thinking of HOW would it be if he were still among us! More: I wonder if in the course of all these years, he would not have somehow arranged a little time and opportunity touring and coming to us, despite the long distance my country from Europe... I'm sure I would do EVERYTHING to see him, of course! Only that unfortunately, they are just a thought .... just be sure that what he did, was very well done, went through decades after his short stay between us but REMAINED! There is the sadness in thinking that he "could" have stayed another time among us .... however, who am I, in my insignificance, after all, to wish for more? Stayed memories and imaginations, however, of a more mature Rory, reaching old age but certainly more wise, fantastic in his craft, still a simple and courteous man, after all, what becomes cradle, never will be forget. Anyway .... it's okay! Paradise has won a great man! It must have been a big party day up there today ....
Regina

Postby AnnaMaria » 05 Mar 2018, 10:36

I spent Rorys birthday in London where people slipped around having snowballfights in the middle of town. Since I´m from Sweden and used to snow I managed to stay out of it and walked around thinking about Rorys music. I put it om repeat in my head.
AnnaMaria

Postby Dwana Horner » 17 Jun 2018, 05:09

"When you say Rory's name"
(His ears open)
"When you look at his photos"
(His eyes open)
"When we play his music"
(He picks up his guitar and plays along)
Dwana Horner

Return to RORY GALLAGHER'S ~ TASTE-FUL " LOOSE TALK " MAIN DISCUSSION FORUM