Entire Rory Solo Catalogue to be Reissued on CD and Vinyl

Rory Gallagher No.1 Page for Discussion.. Topics Rory Related with Respect Always

Re: Entire Rory Solo Catalogue to be Reissued on CD and Viny

Postby SUBY1974 » 28 Feb 2018, 20:43

Rory Catalogue
FEBRUARY 28TH, 2018

In celebration of Rory Gallagher’s 70th birthday

UMC announce the reissue of his entire solo catalogue

Released 16 March 2018

“The man who changed my musical life was Rory Gallagher. I picked up a guitar because of him.” – Johnny Marr 

“A beautiful man and an amazing guitar player” – The Edge

“I owe Rory Gallagher my sound” – Brian May

02 March 2018, would have been Rory Gallagher’s 70th birthday, and to celebrate, UMC has announced that his entire solo catalogue will be reissued on remastered CD and 180-gram vinyl LP. This is the first time his whole body of solo work has been made available globally on one record label.

To be released on 16 March 2018, the Rory Gallagher collection represents an incredible body of work from one of the most renowned and celebrated guitarists ever. The reissues represent both the first wave of Rory Gallagher releases since the Universal Music Group label obtained the rights to his solo catalogue in 2017. UMC will be working closely with the Rory Gallagher estate on new physical and streaming products.

Rory Gallagher is one of the most influential and important guitarists of all time, he was idolised across the world and inspired a plethora of guitarist including Ed Sheeran, The Edge, Brian May and Johnny Marr to name but a few. Having formed the band Taste during the late 1960s, he went on to find global recognition as a virtuoso solo artist selling over 30 million albums worldwide.

Donal Gallagher, brother of Rory and director of the Rory Gallagher estate, says, “My only sibling wasn’t one for birthdays but his birthdate gives us a good reason to celebrate Rory's music and legacy."

This is as complete a reissue package as there has ever been for Rory Gallagher, they are all available on CD and 180 gram LP except where indicated - Against The Grain; BBC Sessions (2CD only); Blueprint; Calling Card; Defender; Deuce; Fresh Evidence; Irish Tour ’74 (1CD/ 2LP) ; Jinx; Live In Europe; Notes From San Francisco (2CD / 1LP); Photo Finish; Rory Gallagher; Stage Struck; Tattoo; Top Priority; Wheels Within Wheels (vinyl coming soon).

Available on pre-order now from

https://store.udiscovermusic.com/*/Rory-Gallagher/ 
SUBY1974

Postby aoc » 28 Feb 2018, 23:40

Excellent! This is great news for those of us who have been growing tired of the same ol' catalogue numbers on the spines of our existing collection of reissues and re-reissues. Another great celebration squeezed out of Rory's legacy!
aoc

Postby Faylool » 02 Mar 2018, 22:40

Lovely. Hope he knows it as I I always say and yeah I'm not surprised really ! Also streaming you tube saves lol day in celebration of my favorite musician's BDay. Always lifts low spirits. Always compliments great spirits. He's my man!
Faylool

Postby vasdis » 03 Mar 2018, 18:12

The cd prices seem reasonable enough but the vinyl looks a bit steep, i think i payed as much as £2.20 for my no longer used vinyl copies.
vasdis

Postby innuendo » 30 Mar 2018, 16:54

hello everyone!
it's been a long time since i've been here. i don't know new people on here but some older forum boys and girls like jim, jay jay, suby, sinner girl might remember me.
i was wondering about these new reissues. are they the same remaster as 2012 ones? same content and audio quality? are those 2012 ones out of print?
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
innuendo

Postby SUBY1974 » 02 Apr 2018, 22:31

Hi Innuendo. Long time, no hear. Hope you are well. I still try and keep the Queen post updated. Rock On For Rory. D
Subrata.x
SUBY1974

Postby innuendo » 03 Apr 2018, 21:25

hi suby!
yes, all is going well. so no one knows an answer to my question?
I watched as fear took the old men's gaze
Hopes of the young in troubled graves
'I see no day' I heard him say
So grey is the face of every mortal
innuendo

Postby aoc » 06 Jun 2018, 20:06

Hi innuendo. The 2012 and 2017 remasters appear separately on Spotify for me, which suggests they may be different.

I'm sure the 0.001% improvement in digital remastering technology in the intervening 5 years will have improved Rory's analogue recordings immensely. Again (again). Everybody should go out and re-purchase the whole back catalogue, to ensure another miracle of remastering can occur in the not-so-distant future.
aoc

Return to RORY GALLAGHER'S ~ TASTE-FUL " LOOSE TALK " MAIN DISCUSSION FORUM