Rory # Just give me a sign....# my strat

Rory Gallagher No.1 Page for Discussion.. Topics Rory Related with Respect Always

Rory # Just give me a sign....# my strat

Postby Jay Jay » 14 Dec 2017, 12:50

Maybe this topic / post could go on Rory's guitars section also.. But I gotta tell you it here first to those of you with more superstitious minds.

I've got two Fender Stratocaster guitars. The first one I bought about 12 years ago a FS Mexican. Of which I've aged and given it a RG facelift and had rewired how Rory's '61 strat was. The second one I put together and built part by part. Starting 10 years ago with a Fender strat USA '62 reissue body then added other US parts over a year. With exception to the FS Chinese 60's style neck I put to it. Which I have never been too happy with. Over the years I been looking for a FS USA '62 neck to match it up. Well after years looking and bidding many times without success. I finally won a USA neck that was not too expensive at all on ebay last week :)

I'm a realist not superstitious at all. Unlike I believe Rory said he was " a superstitious catholic "..
Plus I know Rory friends and other members also here are this way inclined ie: Dwana, Suby and even Cynthia maybe have mentioned Rory signs / dreams from beyond and posted on here. Donal Gallagher even has given us a few stories that he thinks Rory is still connecting with him. Like the story he told about not long after Rory passed away, he took his old clothes into a local charity shop. Then realised after a while he was standing in the same old place where the photo-shoot was taken, for the cover of the second Taste Album "On The Boards".
Well my story about this Fender USA neck is somewhat similar. Although I tried very hard to obtain a USA '62 neck to match the body of my strat. Instead I acquired a beautiful USA '95 neck. The spooky part about it is the neck serial number is "N" Fender's code for ninety. Reading then N548.... :o The even more spooky part about it all is that on the heal of the neck is stamped "Jun 14 1995" :o

Could this be a sign of Rory telling me to rock on for him some more ??

JJ Guitars and Guinness.jpg

I haven't fitted yet the Fender USA '95 neck to the USA '62 Reissue body on right.

Rock On for Rory ;)
Slainte Jay Jay
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jay Jay

Re: Rory # Just give me a sign.... # my strat

Postby RobertaSparrow » 14 Dec 2017, 14:14

I would file it under Synchronicity-

As defined by Merriam-Webster, and made famous by Carl Jung- the coincidental occurrence of events and especially psychic events (such as similar thoughts in widely separated persons or a mental image of an unexpected event before it happens) that seem related but are not explained by conventional mechanisms of causality —used especially in the psychology of C. G. Jung

Yes, these things happen, and I think they happen to all of us from time to time, only we have to be open to receive those, what to call them? Messages? Signs? The how, where, and when they happen, that is a mystery that we can only guess, but I know they happen, and for a reason.

For me, they aren't superstition, but then, I am open to those signs, as are many others. Suby, and Dwana, Donal, and many others. Most people are skeptical of such things, and to some, they are frightened by these events, "signs and wonders" if you will. They defy conventional logic, but I am of the opinion that we all receive these messages, we just have to be open to them.

As Special Agent Fox Mulder, (one of my favorite fictional characters) once said, ""If coincidences are coincidences, why do they feel so contrived."

IMHO they can be a sign or message from beyond the veil. IMHO that place, beyond where our conventional senses can perceive is just as real, and those who have passed from this physical realm still reach out to us. So yes, IMO it may well be Rory reaching out to you, his way of acknowledging you.

RobertaSparrow

Re: Rory # Just give me a sign....# my strat

Postby Faylool » 16 Dec 2017, 13:13

What a special event for you. Almost precious. Very cool! You must have known him or hung out with him more than once? He was supposed to be very good at remembering people..... yeah.....very nice
Faylool

Return to RORY GALLAGHER'S ~ TASTE-FUL " LOOSE TALK " MAIN DISCUSSION FORUM