RORY'S Legacy & LT Forum ~ Will Not Fade Away

#1 Rory Page for Discussioin.. Topics RG Related with Respect Always

RORY'S Legacy & LT Forum ~ Will Not Fade Away

Postby Jay Jay » 13 Dec 2017, 18:23

APPEAL TO ALL RORY GALLAGHER FANS...

JimLED (Moderator /Tech Guy) & I have been chatting & communicating with each other for the passed few months about how we should trim down and update this Rory LT Forum. To make it appeal more to all you fantastic Rory fans out there. As posts & activity have been declining somewhat this year slowly to almost a standstill lately. Some sections not even been used for months, even years :(

I know this time of year everyone is very busy with the festive Christmas season coming fastly upon us. So this is expected to an extent. Everybody is very busy like Rory "Used To Be" with work - schedules of touring in his life. Yet Rory always had a Christmas break or time-out for a few days, to be with family & friends at this forthcoming time of year :)

This Official RG "Loose Talk" forum and the previous "Meeting Place" RG forum, have been running now for around 15 years or more.
May I make this appeal to "ALL RORY FANS" around the world...

PLEASE DO NOT LET RORY'S LEGACY & THIS OFFICIAL RG FORUM FADE AWAY!!!

Rory Thoughtful.jpg

Seasons Greetings & ..
Rock On for Rory
Slainte Jay Jay

PS. Your thoughts & suggestions please post here below to Jimled. To make this forum a more appealing RG place to be in 2018 ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jay Jay

Re: RORY'S Legacy & LT Forum ~ Will Not Fade Away

Postby SUBY1974 » 13 Dec 2017, 21:33

Many fans share new stories of meeting Rory on FB. It would be great if we heard them here. Come on guys, please share your stories here. The LT forum is after all an international forum that brings worldwide RG fans together. FB can be limiting. Just saying. Subrata.x
SUBY1974

Postby capo » 14 Dec 2017, 02:48

I hate to be so pessimistic but I see no way to compete with that behemoth that is Facebook! It seems that people find it easier and quicker to post or comment on Rory sites there. But it is very repetitive with the same songs or videos and photos posted and, as is the nature of the beast, very ephemeral. It's like fast food, while this Forum is more like a meal at a five star restaurant, lasting and fulfilling! I'm sorry that I can't offer any solutions except to say the Forum needs to be here as a safe haven for thoughtful and meaningful discussion on Rory and his legacy. Long live Loose Talk!
capo

Postby willie the pimp » 14 Dec 2017, 04:29

I think a lot of Rory fans simply don't know that this resource exists. More publicity for this site wouldn't go amiss, maybe incorporating a FB link/page.
willie the pimp

Postby Jay Jay » 14 Dec 2017, 10:29

SUBY1974 wrote:Many fans share new stories of meeting Rory on FB. It would be great if we heard them here. Come on guys, please share your stories here. The LT forum is after all an international forum that brings worldwide RG fans together. FB can be limiting. Just saying. Subrata.x

willie the pimp wrote:I think a lot of Rory fans simply don't know that this resource exists. More publicity for this site wouldn't go amiss, maybe incorporating a FB link/page.

capo wrote:It seems that people find it easier and quicker to post or comment on Rory sites there. But it is very repetitive with the same songs or videos and photos posted and, as is the nature of the beast, very ephemeral. It's like fast food, while this Forum is more like a meal at a five star restaurant, lasting and fulfilling! I'm sorry that I can't offer any solutions except to say the Forum needs to be here as a safe haven for thoughtful and meaningful discussion on Rory and his legacy. Long live Loose Talk!

Amen & RoryOn.. Capo :)

Hi Suby & Willie, I have around 6000 friends on my 2 FB RORY GALLAGHER Tribute Pages, I'm regularly posting links from here to these 2 pages, Plus another 600 friends on my own personal page also. I suggest everybody else on here starts doing the same and spreading the word.. and pointing the RG fans to the most Tasteful & rightful way to "Follow Me" (RORY) here on RORY'S LT Family Forum Home ;

RORY'S WORDS .. # THEY’RE MY FAMILY WHEN I WAS LONELY, SOMETHING TOLD ME WHERE I COULD ALWAYS BE # ;)

Rory Smiling Strat.jpg

ROCK ON & RORYON
Slainte Jay Jay
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jay Jay

Postby RobertaSparrow » 14 Dec 2017, 14:33

I agree, Jay Jay, much of the attention seems to gravitate to the numerous FB pages out there. I was subscribed to a fair number of them for a while, and they do generate a lot of traffic, but as Capo pointed out, they do tend to regurgitate the same few songs or veer off on to tangents that don't hold any interest, andthey are subject to the whims and policies of FB. I agree that the forum here is important, especially since it is a link to and supported by Rory's family. As to streamlining or improving the functionality, I leave that to you and JimLED, since I am not technically savvy in those details. I still have problems reliably posting photos to the site. :D

There are pluses and minuses to these different media. I know that with some of these a chat feature seems to be effective, but someone has to be available to constantly monitor such a feature, and that can take a toll on the people charged with overseeing it.

And, here is one of Rory's favorite artists, and the original inspiration for his purchase of The Strat.

RobertaSparrow

Postby CiaSeattle » 14 Dec 2017, 16:39

With regard to streamlining, I hope not too much is removed. When I first joined this page, one of the cool things about it was going back and reading all the previous postings. As a fairly new Rory fan, I found a lot of information and it was also really interesting. Looking at photos I'd never seen was great too, although a number of them are no longer available.

I have noticed that it seems there are only a handfull of us who have been posting lately. Sadly, most of mine seem to have been RIP's. :cry: I still check the Forum daily for new posts.

I know it may be asking a lot, as they are extremely busy, but maybe an occasional note from Donal or Daniel would get some new interest going?
CiaSeattle

Postby Jay Jay » 14 Dec 2017, 16:52

CiaSeattle wrote:With regard to streamlining, I hope not too much is removed. When I first joined this page, one of the cool things about it was going back and reading all the previous postings. As a fairly new Rory fan, I found a lot of information and it was also really interesting.

Hi Cia, thank you so much for your continuing interest & support for Rory and his LT Forum :)

To reassure you and all Rory Fans and members on here. Even though I've asked Jim to "prune some section off the boards" as I'd like to call it. All the topics / posts taken out of these section. I've ask him to put altogether in a " Rory LT Archive Section " ;)

Rock On for Rory
Slainte Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Postby Jay Jay » 14 Dec 2017, 17:17

JimLED, couldn't we get on here like FB.. "Attention Reply" that someone has replied to your post? By sending them an email?

Only way I can alert you now is by sending a PM to get your attention with link to this post, for you to answer my question :roll:

Can we have more suggestions and posts please here for a New Year upgraded Rory LT forum in 2018..
Post your suggestion here below to JimLED (Rory's LT forum moderator & technical progression guy) :D
Jay Jay

Postby JimLED » 14 Dec 2017, 20:46

Hello to all!

Let 'me to share with you all about things we're working on.

1) Due this forum technicaly unstable and non good usesable, we have decided to move all us to the new place, to LT-2 forum. Most things already completed, but unsolved server problems are blocking this forum to start. When all issues be solved, the new forum be available for everyone. But old forum be moved to archive and be read-only by accesible link, like "http:\\oldforum.rorygallagher.com"

A couple words about new forum. This place doesn't have any topics and users. You, our good members, should do a pass a quickly registration procedure. That not so hard, believe. Any help you need you can write me by PM. And we will try to start this meeting Rory Gallagher's place from the beginning.

Jay Jay, about your question. This forum (old or new) has this remind by email thing, but currently it's not working or turned off. How that works? Server sends you a mails with information about new posts. The same as FB does. But the MAIL server of our forum's server doesn't work in this way of sending mails at all. As the problem with member confirmation of registration by e-mail.

Sections movement be at 12/16/3017. Forum be not active for a couple hours by a reason of technical works.

Jim
Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
JimLED

Next

Return to RORY GALLAGHER'S ~ TASTE-FUL " LOOSE TALK " MAIN DISCUSSION FORUM