High Energy Rory Blowing Up A Storm Onstage 1993

#1 Rory Page for Discussioin.. Topics RG Related with Respect Always

High Energy Rory Blowing Up A Storm Onstage 1993

Postby capo » 23 Oct 2017, 02:35

Wow! Watch this magnificent "Messing With The Kid" from the Tegelen Blues Festival in 1993. It was uploaded several years ago but I just came across it today. For those who say they can't watch any Rory performances from his last years as too painful, well feast your eyes and ears on Rory in all his glory, acting like a man from years ago, playing the hell out of his Strat so hard, he has to change to his Tele half way through the song! Enjoy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDX3D00 ... t=WL&t=537 PS: for some strange reason the video starts right at the end of the song, so just click back to the start and enjoy all 9 plus minutes. Peace.
capo

Re: High Energy Rory Blowing Up A Storm Onstage 1993

Postby RobertaSparrow » 25 Oct 2017, 19:23

Slight adjustment- :mrgreen:

RobertaSparrow

Postby M.felix » 25 Oct 2017, 22:38

Rory Playing with the Stomach

I already posted this video here in the forum last year.
M.felix

Postby Faylool » 26 Oct 2017, 16:38

No kidding! Personally I don’t mind seeing him towards the end. I know why he looks different. Corticosteroids mainly. Guess his looks weren’t all that important to him although it must have a big adjustment....he needed his hands the most!
I’ve never seen this one. Wonder if there are more from this show. Happy like.
Yes...there is 56 minute one. Tegelen Blues Festival 1993
Yeah and I didn’t know his blond with white guitar was a telecaster. I just never thought about it....
Faylool

Postby AnnaMaria » 26 Oct 2017, 17:14

I´m one of those who usually dont´t look at the videos from the 90´s but I like this one. Rory made a show of the change of the guitar. I got the impression that he used to play on with a string missing but maybe this time he broke two strings, who knows.

My favourite "string breaking episode" is the one from German tv, in 1972, playing "In your town". Just when he starts to sing he breakes the string and has to take off/on the capo etc. You can´t hear in his voice what he´s doing or anything. How can he be so cool about it?
AnnaMaria

Return to RORY GALLAGHER'S ~ TASTE-FUL " LOOSE TALK " MAIN DISCUSSION FORUM