Rory’s parents divorced? Did he see Dad much?

#1 Rory Page for Discussioin.. Topics RG Related with Respect Always

Re: Rory’s parents divorced. Why. Did he see dad much

Postby CiaSeattle » 13 Oct 2017, 13:46

M.felix wrote:8-)

Bob Marley was also adept at this type of treatment and he died of cancers at the age of thirty-six.

No one is saying cannabis cures cancer. However it does help some cancer patients with nausea and loss of appetite which many lose during treatment, as well as pain relief.
CiaSeattle

Postby RobertaSparrow » 13 Oct 2017, 16:39

I would be remiss if I did not say that I am a very enthusiastic supporter of the decriminalization of medical cannabis. I have seen and met people who were helped by it, and I strongly believe that there are many more who could be helped, lives that could be saved, from children and adults with neurological/seizure disorders, sufferers with chronic pain, persons with cancer, many others. There are many components of the plant that scientists are only now becoming aware of, and I am of the opinion that medical cannabis probably could have helped Rory when his health began to fail. Many of the toxic substances that he was taking for his pain and illnesses could IMHO have been eliminated, and perhaps his body would have had a chance to recover. But it is all speculation at this point. Just my two cents.

Bob Marley was also adept at this type of treatment and he died of cancers at the age of thirty-six.

Debilitating pain, nausea, anxiety, depression are all serious aspects of several of these illnesses. I did not say it was a cure for anything. I said that it helps many conditions. The fact that anecdotal information clearly points to numerous benefits, combined with its unadulterated forms being so readily accessible to the patient/consumer and its lack of profitability to the major pharmaceuticals, and so their dismissal of its value to patients is telling. The truth of the matter lies somewhere between Cannabis being "the most dangerous/lethal drug in the world," a la Reefer Madness, and it being a panacea for all that ails ye. If you get my drift. And this is way off topic. We can take further discussion of this topic to a non-Rory thread, or to PM.
RobertaSparrow

Postby Faylool » 18 Oct 2017, 12:29

Oh yes I know a ton about alcoholism. I am one. Became one midlife. It’s insidious for some and wham bam for others. My sister in early twenties just straight to it. I did 2 years of AA. In the AA world most every drinker is an alcoholic! I drink moderately recently after 4 years zero. I actually quit a lot so I guess my actual years of drinking are 27 -30. I’m 65. It’s good for pain. I’m going to look in to cannibis oil for pain. I am opposite of you....I don’t like the effects of marijuana. Munchies, super dry mouth, can’t think straight and I’m an artist and can’t draw right even! Anyway. There shouldn’t be stigma but getting high responsibly takes maturity...you just gotta not get drunk.....just buzzed. I’ll read myself to sleep with a alcohol buzz....pot? Nope....It’s legal in Oregon here. They have alcohol tests for drivers....I wonder if they test for pot? I don’t even know if it’s legal or not to drive on pot. Rory didn’t drive! I find that so super weird! Maybe it’s more common in UK
Man, I like to leave places when I want not when someone whose driving wants!
Faylool

Postby M.felix » 21 Oct 2017, 13:41

I do not know if it is related to the post, I found it interesting.

http://discoverballyshannon.ie/rory-gallaghers-father-remembered-by-ballyshannon-musician/

http://www.roryon.com/handbook370.html

RobertaSparrow wrote:

I would be remiss if I did not say that I am a very enthusiastic supporter of the decriminalization of medical cannabis. I have seen and met people who were helped by it, and I strongly believe that there are many more who could be helped, lives that could be saved, from children and adults with neurological/seizure disorders, sufferers with chronic pain, persons with cancer, many others. There are many components of the plant that scientists are only now becoming aware of, and I am of the opinion that medical cannabis probably could have helped Rory when his health began to fail. Many of the toxic substances that he was taking for his pain and illnesses could IMHO have been eliminated, and perhaps his body would have had a chance to recover. But it is all speculation at this point. Just my two cents.

Debilitating pain, nausea, anxiety, depression are all serious aspects of several of these illnesses. I did not say it was a cure for anything. I said that it helps many conditions. The fact that anecdotal information clearly points to numerous benefits, combined with its unadulterated forms being so readily accessible to the patient/consumer and its lack of profitability to the major pharmaceuticals, and so their dismissal of its value to patients is telling. The truth of the matter lies somewhere between Cannabis being "the most dangerous/lethal drug in the world," a la Reefer Madness, and it being a panacea for all that ails ye. If you get my drift. And this is way off topic. We can take further discussion of this topic to a non-Rory thread, or to PM.

Ok.
M.felix

Postby Faylool » 26 Oct 2017, 17:23

Well sure it was relevant. Two more bits of info. Dad’s job and name of band he played in. The Japanese artical was charming...now I wonder what was served for that dinner! Seen these pics before but not the article. A mention of Rory being a little paranoid which seems to be one of his “quirks”. Well now I wonder how his dad died and how old was he? So nosey! Oh and how long he was in the service. My dad was a navy man in that war. Military men as dads....unavailable in my experience and lots of routines...
Faylool

Postby Faylool » 26 Oct 2017, 18:26

Just received some info about Rory’s dad. When Rory played in Derry he’d meet up with his dad and give him some tickets to sell for whatever.....type thing and Rory’s dad was heavy drinker. And most of us know what of person that can be....not always but generally. And maybe the song Same Old Story is about that in a way but has it being about a woman. Artistic license maybe. And maybe the separation was a little bit more than just geography and family ties. Makes good sense to me.
Faylool

Postby Faylool » 27 Oct 2017, 02:16

Well dang! Got another email about Rory’s dad...his candy wrapper art his words to a good song he wrote and that he loved Rory and was proud of him....that Rory’s mom borrowed money to pay for the strat in the end and that his dad bought him that first acoustic. Over all....I get the impression the family was mostly a class act but of course not perfect. Kinda same with me and they all died except me and mostly too early except my dad.Maybe it’s me trying to sort out abandonment issues because they are real....if this new info is more true than not I’m really glad about it. I know how people can be and I understand about all the privacy....but I know me and like to get to the bottom of things...you know? And for the good.
Faylool

Postby Faylool » 28 Oct 2017, 02:03

I want to say a little more about the visit from Japanese person and the pictures. I couldn’t get those pictures out of mind so revisited and sure enough Rory was just going thru the motions and the remark the reporter made that Rory was a little tired maybe. There are other pictures around same timeline he clearly was sad like and not in to it. I told my daughter when Rory was 30-ish there was a chance he would just change things up a lot in regards to his private life. When, for what ever reason that didnt happen ( probably his feelings of responsibility and also stubbornness to not give up as well as needing a purpose and kinda just owned by his talent ). His spirit was starting to break on too often and then his hands. One remark I heard him say in an interview in his later 30’s about his single status was, if I had a wife and children I wouldn’t be here to play tonight now would I. No wonder everybody with heart just loves him a lot and forgives him for being so doggedly determined when he should have taken a huge break and sought good guidance. Doggedly determined isn’t exactly stubborn. It’s born from beliefs, experiences and observations and all that. Stubborn is just plain old kinda mindless. Well crap. I just have to talk about it.....again....I’m less outraged and more accepting lately ( after like 10 months) I don’t even know for sure why his story means so much to me aside from his prodigy talent and amazing work ethics and commitment. There might be a singular reason that can be defined why some exceptional people can’t help loving him on some level....like maybe a lot of broken spirits who still remain and just accept it....but still have that longing that’s not so easy to nurture after all. To be a free spirit can be painful. Rejection. Injustice. Isolation. Misinterpreted. Ostracized. And fame has it’s a whole bunch of weird stuff because deep down you know it’s kinda superficial for a lot of reasons. ANYWAY. IM VERY GRATEFUL I FOUND HIS MUSIC. If I never knew anything more at all, like when he died, why or bachelor and all the stuff...his music alone would really be the same exceptional energy, nearly flawless in execution most the time and unique plus the most driven for whatever reason making it just expressive as hell. Yup. He was a mighty sender alright. I wish him a little more balance in his next life but he really did very very well. I want him to know that! You know?
Faylool

Re: Rory’s parents divorced. Why? Did he see Dad much?

Postby Jay Jay » 12 May 2018, 16:44

Rory's Father Daniel Gallagher Grave.jpg

Whatever happened with his Father Daniel Gallagher and Mother Monica Gallagher.. Thank them 'cause they sure did pass on their musical genes and ..
Gave us the Genius Guitarist musician that was "William RORY Gallagher" :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jay Jay

Re: Rory’s parents divorced. Why? Did he see Dad much?

Postby RobertaSparrow » 12 May 2018, 17:05

Jay Jay wrote:
Rory's Father Daniel Gallagher Grave.jpg

Whatever happened with his Father Daniel Gallagher and Mother Monica Gallagher.. Thank them 'cause they sure did pass on their musical genes and ..
Gave us the Genius Guitarist musician that was "William RORY Gallagher" :)

:o
His grandmother passed within 2 weeks of her son? So sad.
RobertaSparrow

PreviousNext

Return to RORY GALLAGHER'S ~ TASTE-FUL " LOOSE TALK " MAIN DISCUSSION FORUM