"Edged in Blue" intro to Rory's LT Forum :)

#1 RORY FORUM PAGE to discuss Rory Gallagher..Things Rory related with respect always

"Edged in Blue" intro to Rory's LT Forum :)

Postby Jay Jay » 24 Aug 2017, 19:27

What do you guys & girls think of the new edition "Edged In Blue" intro tune to this forum?

I suggested this intro to Jim.. 'cause if you were as privilege as myself to see the great man "live in concert" in the late 70's early 80's maybe..
The "Edged In Blue intro" used to be played through the PA system just before Rory was about to come on stage :)
I remember going back to those days, when me and my friends were waiting in anticipation at the Wolverhampton Civic Hall or Birmingham Town Hall, for this tune. We were usually in the bar area. As soon as we all heard this intro, we would down our pints quickly and rush up the stairs (at the Civic). Get a spot as close to the stage as possible, just in time to see Rory enter the arena. Happy days indeed :)
Rock On for Rory
Slainte Jay Jay

PS. Jimled.. with all that crackling.. have you nicked (stolen) one of my old vinyl RG LP records :lol:
Jay Jay

Re: "Edged in Blue" intro to Rory's LT Forum :)

Postby Jay Jay » 24 Aug 2017, 21:06

I for one will never get tired of hearing this sooooooooooo beautiful an intro to a song :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

"Play it again Sam".. as ‎Humphrey Bogart said in the film Casablanca.. or should we rather say.. "Play it again Rory" :D
Jay Jay

Postby RobertaSparrow » 25 Aug 2017, 05:47

RobertaSparrow

Postby M.felix » 26 Aug 2017, 14:41

Jay Jay wrote:I for one will never get tired of hearing this sooooooooooo beautiful an intro to a song :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

"Play it again Sam".. as ‎Humphrey Bogart said in the film Casablanca.. or should we rather say.. "Play it again Rory" :D

Rick Blaine (Humphrey Bogart) never said that phrase in the movie Casablanca.
He say: Play it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
M.felix

Postby M.felix » 26 Aug 2017, 14:44

Yes the introduction is very beautiful.
M.felix

Postby JimLED » 28 Aug 2017, 21:17

Jay Jay wrote:PS. Jimled.. with all that crackling.. have you nicked (stolen) one of my old vinyl RG LP records :lol:

Well yeah! I stole your collection. How many LPs have you now? :D
Mine is about 150-200. Where 30 LPs - Rory. And other rock and classic music.

The cracklers in intro was made by me for a good ambience!
Every gun makes its own tune.. Image
After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
JimLED

Return to RORY'S "LOOSE TALK" with TASTE-FUL TOPICS & ROCKIN' BLUES TUNES