What is your favourite Rory album cover

#1 RORY FORUM PAGE to discuss Rory Gallagher..Things Rory related with respect always

Re: What is your favourite Rory album cover

Postby AC30 » 16 Aug 2017, 12:25

Taste's 1st album
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AC30

Postby blues blooded » 16 Aug 2017, 19:02

capo wrote:"Live in Europe" I just love the whole context of the cover, the overall red tint, from Rory's shirt and lighting, the sweat soaked Strat, his closed eyes and intense facial expression. There's another reason, I needed a photo to frame with my ticket stub from my one and only Rory show. This was years ago before the internet, where now you could easily find a Rory photo,it was'nt so then, so I decided to frame my stub with my "Live in Europe" album cover! By the way, my cover just says "Rory Gallagher Live", so its a later U.S. cover, leaving "Europe" out maybe to help sales in America, I don't know. Anyway I've looked at this on my wall for about twenty years now, so its my favorite.

Yes, you are right. For some reason Live in Europe was released as Rory Gallagher Live - it was a much more insular world then, although I assume that the Irish Tour '74 was released with its original title
blues blooded

Postby AnnaMaria » 16 Aug 2017, 20:37

I read somewhere that Rory wasn´t happy with the cover of the first Taste album. Don´t know why.

I wonder if he had a favourite cover of his own records? Does anybody know?
AnnaMaria

Postby Jay Jay » 19 Aug 2017, 11:22

AC30 wrote:Taste's 1st album

Taste 1st album is a very iconic imho :)

These are probably my fav's but I like them all.. Rory Gallaagher ~ Live in Europe :)

RG ~ Live in Europe.jpg

Best selling top ten RG album in UK and year Rory won best international musician award in 1972 :)

Plus equally .. Rory Gallagher ~ Top Priority
Rory's Signature Top Priority.jpg

Rory Gallagher imo in his prime and because I got Rory's signature on the cover of album :)

Rock On for Rory
Slainte Jay Jay
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jay Jay

Postby SUBY1974 » 20 Aug 2017, 22:07

First of all I like all of Rory's album covers. A lot of thought was taken when designing the covers, which had to reflect Rory's personality and artistry, as well as his music on those albums.
OK my favourites are as follows:-
Taste:- The first album. I love the young Rory with the hair over his face, showing strain or pressure. The album itself captures the strain the establishment put on young people and society through at the time. I felt like that in the early 90s with the X generation ( think Kurt Corbain and Nirvana).
Rory Gallagher:- His first solo album. Rory's face is in a half shadow with an awesome smile. Captures the mystery and magic of Rory
Blueprint:- Nice black and white picture of Rory at the start of his solo career. Don't know where he is but love the light blue background, with the circuit board of a guitar amp.
Against The Grain:- Showing a part of Rory's beloved Strat. That Strat is an artwork in itself. So beautiful.
Photofinishing:- Nice photo of three Rorys playing his guitar in a motion movement. Really nice.
Defender: - Rory looks cool standing by his red car.
Fresh Evidence:- A mature Rory sitting in a thoughtful pose, with the wall of travelling and music trunks behind him. Its shows the sheer music equipment that was packed for a music tour. I believe Rory did his last mini world tour in 1991. I was at college then and utterly loving college life.
So there we have it...my choices. Subrata.x
SUBY1974

Postby Sid_Sidow » 25 Aug 2017, 19:32

Against The Grain:- Showing a part of Rory's beloved Strat. That Strat is an artwork in itself. So beautiful.
Defender: - Rory looks cool standing by his red car.

Fully agreed on 'Against the Grain' That is the screen background on my smartphone!
Defender - who's car?? I heard Rory never learned/wanted to drive........
Thanks!! ss

"I'm the last of the Independants, the syndicate, they don't approve"
Sid_Sidow

Previous

Return to RORY'S "LOOSE TALK" with TASTE-FUL TOPICS & ROCKIN' BLUES TUNES