Rory's Last Radio Interview Uploaded On Youtube

#1 RORY FORUM PAGE to discuss Rory Gallagher..Things Rory related with respect always

Rory's Last Radio Interview Uploaded On Youtube

Postby capo » 13 May 2017, 23:38

That great resource of all things Rory, Rory Gallagher Rarities, has uploaded on Youtube what I believe is probably Rory's last voice recorded words/interview we will ever have of him. Recorded on the 9th of January 1995, a very tired Rory speaks to a radio station about what would be his last ever full concert, which he had performed the night before, in Leeuwarden, Holland. He would sadly, the next night on the 10th in Rotterdam, collapse on stage. Knowing this makes listening to this brief interview profoundly moving and sad, as I noted in the comments section on the upload. See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ7Q6iGtJBA&t=103s
capo

Re: Rory's Last Radio Interview Uploaded On Youtube

Postby Jay Jay » 16 May 2017, 09:30

Thanks for this rare find Capo...

Can't bring myself around to listening to it though.. Don't want to kick start a day in a sad and depressive mood :(
Rather remember Rory in his happy and more healthy days. Like when i first played this album now 45 years ago :)

Rory's highest top ten charting album in the UK charts back in 1972. Earning him a Gold album for his UK sales :)
Jay Jay

Postby RobertaSparrow » 16 May 2017, 20:49

Well, most of the clip is of Rory's music. But as for the interview, he just sounds very weary, and discouraged. The body and spirit are so intertwined,, and Rory was so ill at that point. I feel for him, I can only imagine how exhausted and downhearted he must have felt at that point.
RobertaSparrow

Postby CiaSeattle » 17 May 2017, 15:49

RobertaSparrow wrote:Well, most of the clip is of Rory's music. But as for the interview, he just sounds very weary, and discouraged. The body and spirit are so intertwined,, and Rory was so ill at that point. I feel for him, I can only imagine how exhausted and downhearted he must have felt at that point.

While Rory certainly sounded tired and we know he was terribly ill, I don't quite agree that he sounded discouraged. To me, he sounded pleased with the show "I'll go to bed happy". I wish this had been his last show, and his last memory of being on stage rather than the next night when he could no longer go on.
CiaSeattle

Postby SUBY1974 » 21 May 2017, 08:57

I love the 1984 concert and the Rory interview from 1984. Yes in the 1995 interview he sounds tired due to work but he sounded very positive and upbeat, despite his health issues at the time. In fact I never came across an interview where Rory was nothing but positive and upbeat about his music. Music was his passion and when your passionate about something, you will talk about it and the passion will show. In the interviews, Rory is always humble, down to earth and polite. He is very knowledgeable. I love hearing his soothing voice and I enjoy all his interviews. You learn alot. Subrata.x
SUBY1974

Return to RORY'S "LOOSE TALK" with TASTE-FUL TOPICS & ROCKIN' BLUES TUNES