Fresh Evidence.

#1 RORY FORUM PAGE to discuss Rory Gallagher..Things Rory related with respect always

Fresh Evidence.

Postby vasdis » 04 Apr 2017, 15:10

After hearing Rory on Paul Jones's BBC Radio 2 blues show last night with Heaven's Gate off Fresh Evidence, i had to seek my copy out which i am playing as we speak.
Looking at the chronological list of albums on the excellent Etched In Blue sampler it looks like that was his last studio album ,certainly in the Capo cd releases which i
bought as they came out ,is that the case ? ,apart from the later re-discovered stuff ,i think the next album i bought was Meeting With The G-Man which i know was
live and sounded like it was an audience recording on a portable cassette player .
vasdis

Re: Fresh Evidence.

Postby Shin Kicker » 04 Apr 2017, 18:52

Yes, Fresh Evidence was his final album. He did some studio recordings after that however, for example his tracks for Rattlesnake Guitar.

Meeting with the G-Man is simply a collection of bootlegs he assembled into an album to co-opt unauthorized versions, so the quality is below what you find on his proper live albums.
Shin Kicker

Re: Fresh Evidence.

Postby vasdis » 05 Apr 2017, 06:09

Thanks ,thinking about it i do have an Eamonn McCormack album with Rory on one track.
vasdis

Return to RORY'S "LOOSE TALK" with TASTE-FUL TOPICS & ROCKIN' BLUES TUNES