Rory on digital download

#1 RORY FORUM PAGE to discuss Rory Gallagher..Things Rory related with respect always

Rory on digital download

Postby photofinish » 27 Mar 2017, 13:12

Any idea why all Rory's catalogue has been removed from Spotify etc...all mine has disappeared..?
photofinish

Re: Rory on digital download

Postby AnnaMaria » 27 Mar 2017, 19:15

Are ALL yours removed from Spotify?

I still have The Essential, Top Priority, Live at Montreux and Original Album Classics (five of the records)

Don´t know why? Taste seems to be there anyway.
Does this mean we have to bring back the CD age?
AnnaMaria

Postby RobertaSparrow » 29 Mar 2017, 16:25

I still use either my CDs or MP3s saved to the hard drive. Anything saved on virtual storage or on someone else's server I figure is on borrowed time. I just don't fully trust 3rd party sources. But then again, I don't trust. 8-)

RobertaSparrow

Postby M.felix » 31 Mar 2017, 00:30

Rory's official Facebook said the albums will return to Spotify soon.
M.felix

Postby vasdis » 31 Mar 2017, 05:47

Nothing wrong with, cds nice to have the real thing in your hands .Always do a copy though to prevent damage or loss of the original.
vasdis

Postby AnnaMaria » 31 Mar 2017, 18:53

No, ofcourse there is nothing wrong with cd´s. I have most of the cd´s from Rory it´s just that I´ve got used to Spotify and it´s so easy to use. I hope the albums will be back soon. I was just afraid maybe Donal didn´t like Spotify and was taking away the albums from there.
AnnaMaria

Postby vasdis » 01 Apr 2017, 09:11

I did have Spotify but somehow lost it,possibly when i had to change to a new laptop and i can't really be bothered to try and retrieve it.Planet Rock play some RG
and i have a wealth of Taste and RG cds.
vasdis

Postby Jay Jay » 01 Apr 2017, 13:36

vasdis wrote:I did have Spotify but somehow lost it,possibly when i had to change to a new laptop and i can't really be bothered to try and retrieve it.Planet Rock play some RG
and i have a wealth of Taste and RG cds.

vasdis wrote:Nothing wrong with, cds nice to have the real thing in your hands .Always do a copy though to prevent damage or loss of the original.

Yes I've had a similar experience when I've bought & downloaded not just RG albums, other bands/ artists too. With my old iphone I did this and lost..
Nothing better than the solid CD or LP Album in your hand and with the CD's as Vasdis says always make a copy too ;)
Jay Jay

Postby Shin Kicker » 02 Apr 2017, 01:24

photofinish wrote:Any idea why all Rory's catalogue has been removed from Spotify etc...all mine has disappeared..?

There was a thread about this in the Recordings forum. According to someone there, Rory's estate lost it's digital recording contract in the US in 2015, but negotiations were underway to restore it. However, it's been a couple of years now without any change in the situation. Having most of Rory's albums missing from the only distribution system that matters for music these days (Spotify, iTunes, Apple Music, etc.) must inevitably be reducing the exposure of Rory's music to new listeners, especially younger generations.
Shin Kicker

Postby AnnaMaria » 02 Apr 2017, 06:47

I know what you mean. I wouldn´t have discovered Rory without Spotify and I´m 51. I bought a lot of his cds because I wanted them too. But my boys (20,23) doesn´t have any cds at all. They stream their music. Though the oldest bought a recordplayer and took my old records which I had in the garage.
AnnaMaria

Next

Return to RORY'S "LOOSE TALK" with TASTE-FUL TOPICS & ROCKIN' BLUES TUNES