The Rory Timeline and Other Things

#1 RORY FORUM PAGE to discuss Rory Gallagher..Things Rory related with respect always

The Rory Timeline and Other Things

Postby RobertaSparrow » 02 Mar 2017, 13:12

A while back, Jay Jay asked me to mind the Rory Timeline here on the Forum. To that end I tried to make it a little easier to search and look back on the recollection of the members here. Sadly due to previous system crashes or other issues, some stories were lost over the years, but I have tried to move all the surviving recollections and comments pertaining to each day under one topic number to make it easier to scroll through and reminisce. Through the years different moderators and members have added to or taken from the timeline, and I have tried to preserve each. I have gone through Joachim Matz and John Ganjamie's timeline reference (http://www.roryon.com/time.html) to update the lines, and those additions are highlighted in color. I have also added those events which are noted by month and year but not specific dates to the beginning of each month.

I started this a little over a year ago, with the goal of bringing the line as current as possible by Rory's birthday, and today that task has been completed to the best of my limited abilities. From now forward, at least as long as Jay Jay wants me to maintain it, I will be reviewing each day, and will be updating where there are updates, or noting, "no further updates at this time." The color lines that denoted new information will be reverting back to black text as the year unfolds, and anything new brought to our attention will be denoted.

Please, if you see errors let us know, and if you have memories or thoughts to share, please feel free to add them to the lines as the years unfold.

I wish I had more to contribute, stories to share, previously unreleased material to provide, but alas, time marches on, and there isn't much more I can add. The old guard, we who were lucky enough to see Rory play, luckier still those who knew him, shared time with him, well, that old guard is falling away, moving on, if you will.

Facebook pages with various links and sometimes fanciful re-tellings and repostings of Rory photos, videos, etc are rampant on the internet, but the Forum here is still supported by Rory's family, so is independent of Facebook and its somewhat different priorities, and that is important.

I will be away from my home country for a while, but I will still be moderating the site as best I can from wherever I am during the spring and summer, and for as long as the powers that be want me to. For me it is a time for introspection, contemplation, and renewal, and for healing.

(I included that one because I like the little kitty)

P.S. Thank you John and Joachim for the hard work in keeping the main timeline up-to-date, we all rely on that one!

I wish it were the morning, 'cause the night feels oh, so long . . .
RobertaSparrow

Re: The Rory Timeline and Other Things

Postby capo » 02 Mar 2017, 16:48

Thanks so much Cynthia, for all your tireless (and what may seem at times thankless) work you have done all these years. I guess we take yours, and Jay Jay's and John's and Jim's work for granted, that the Forum runs it self and will always be here. But without all your hard work and dedication this place, the ONLY Rory home I come to everyday, would not be here. Thanks to all of you. And Cynthia, I hope nothing but healing peace will be yours. Joe.
capo

Postby RobertaSparrow » 05 Mar 2017, 22:31

Thank you Joe,

<3
Cynthia
RobertaSparrow

Postby SUBY1974 » 06 Mar 2017, 22:57

Hi Cynthia,

I just wanted to thank you, Jay Jay and Jim for all the hard work you do on the forum and for keeping the RG timeline up to date with John and Joachim. I sending you healing as well. Rory, his family, work colleagues, friends and fans are grateful for the work you guys do. Rock On For Rory. Subrata. x
SUBY1974

Return to RORY'S "LOOSE TALK" with TASTE-FUL TOPICS & ROCKIN' BLUES TUNES