Rock Goes To College

#1 RORY FORUM PAGE to discuss Rory Gallagher..Things Rory related with respect always

Rock Goes To College

Postby willie the pimp » 27 Feb 2017, 00:32

This was recorded at Middlesex Poly on 7 Dec 78, broadcast on 12 Jan 79.

Some Rory timelines I have seen (e.g Songkick) show him playing Middlesex Poly on the broadcast date which I find hard to believe as that would mean he played the same venue 5 weeks apart. Others e.g. setlist.fm show neither gig at Middlesex Poly.

Does anybody have any thoughts?
willie the pimp
 
Posts: 51
Joined: 22 Oct 2014, 07:13
Location: The craziest place I have ever been!

Re: Rock Goes To College

Postby RobertaSparrow » 27 Feb 2017, 05:17

This is one of my favorite Rory clips. Our own timeline puts this as being recorded on December 7, 1978, The Rory timeline is a labor of love which has been worked on by several devoted Rory fans, one our own John Ganjamie, based on work originally done by Joachim Matz. Several moderators on this forum have kept it going, myself included. There well may be inaccuracies, but for the most part it has been fairly reliable.

Occasionally, when someone brings to our attention an error, we endeavor to correct it. An example would be my friend Jim McClymont, who attended many of Rory's shows in Scotland. He brought one such error to our attention, and we corrected the record.

As we say on the timeline, if anyone has memories to contribute, or corrections or updates, please let us know and we will make every effort to correct them.

And by all means, please enjoy this most excellent performance by The Man Himself:

User avatar
RobertaSparrow
 
Posts: 2767
Joined: 04 May 2012, 23:13
Location: Oregon

Re: Rock Goes To College

Postby willie the pimp » 27 Feb 2017, 05:26

RobertaSparrow wrote:[youtube2]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIjxRT_VUMc&t=70s[/youtube2]
Last edited by willie the pimp on 27 Feb 2017, 06:08, edited 3 times in total.
willie the pimp
 
Posts: 51
Joined: 22 Oct 2014, 07:13
Location: The craziest place I have ever been!

Re: Rock Goes To College

Postby RobertaSparrow » 27 Feb 2017, 05:28

willie the pimp wrote:
RobertaSparrow wrote:

Mmmm doesn't really help...


Should work ok now, I took out the little bit that was blocking the video . . . we do that, we are the mods . . . :lol:
User avatar
RobertaSparrow
 
Posts: 2767
Joined: 04 May 2012, 23:13
Location: Oregon

Re: Rock Goes To College

Postby willie the pimp » 27 Feb 2017, 07:43

RobertaSparrow wrote:This is one of my favorite Rory clips. Our own timeline puts this as being recorded on December 7, 1978, The Rory timeline is a labor of love which has been worked on by several devoted Rory fans, one our own John Ganjamie, based on work originally done by Joachim Matz. Several moderators on this forum have kept it going, myself included. There well may be inaccuracies, but for the most part it has been fairly reliable.

Occasionally, when someone brings to our attention an error, we endeavor to correct it. An example would be my friend Jim McClymont, who attended many of Rory's shows in Scotland. He brought one such error to our attention, and we corrected the record.


Whoa !
I merely asked if anybody had any thoughts about Rory apparently having played the same venue 5 weeks apart. I wasn't accusing anybody of anything.
willie the pimp
 
Posts: 51
Joined: 22 Oct 2014, 07:13
Location: The craziest place I have ever been!

Re: Rock Goes To College

Postby RobertaSparrow » 27 Feb 2017, 17:09

willie the pimp wrote: . . .

Whoa !
I merely asked if anybody had any thoughts about Rory apparently having played the same venue 5 weeks apart. I wasn't accusing anybody of anything.


:shock:

Sorry I gave you that impression. I wasn't accusing you of accusing me or anyone of anything. I merely tried to reply to your post. Although it seldom happens on this forum, on others I have been informed of just that, though. In my defense, all I can say is apparently I don't communicate well or effectively, perhaps I don't hear or read effectively. Hardly anyone posts anything these days, though, and perhaps it is because of my responses. I don't really know, but I know that I'm just not cut out for this sort of thing. I have had a lot of death and loss impacting on my life these past months, and perhaps that shades my interactions, but it has been a trend of late. I am weary, and I'm afraid that has bled into everything I do.

Intentions, I try to be good, but they come off as bad. For that I apologize.

User avatar
RobertaSparrow
 
Posts: 2767
Joined: 04 May 2012, 23:13
Location: Oregon

Re: Rock Goes To College

Postby willie the pimp » 27 Feb 2017, 17:24

OK, no worries.
willie the pimp
 
Posts: 51
Joined: 22 Oct 2014, 07:13
Location: The craziest place I have ever been!

Re: Rock Goes To College

Postby AnnaMaria » 27 Feb 2017, 20:41

I love when the fans are screaming for "Crest of a wave" and Rory starts playing "Do you read me" I think and he says to the crowd "I love you baby, but you drive me crazy!" with a big smile.

By the way I have a question: In this "Do you read me" he starts to mumble with a darker voice somewhere in the middle-does anybody hear what he is saying?

When it comes to posting message it is difficult when you are writing because it is easy to make mistakes and take things the wrong way. If you are talking face to face it´s much easier. Sometime I feel people get irritated even if I just write "I have read..." or "I heard somewhere...", ofcourse I don´t know, but I can still have an opinion like anybody else. Before I thought we needed to have some fun here and I guess some thought that was just rediculous. Then I tried to get more serious but...well, I don´t know. We all have different opinions and we have to accept that. Facts are one thing, a feeling or an opinion is what you have inside and I guess we can express that as long as we have a good way of doing it. After all we are here because we love Rory Gallagher music and we should be friends. Roberta, this is N O T a message to you, I hope you understand that. You are doing a great job ansvering questions and everything else. Peace and love everybody.
AnnaMaria
 
Posts: 238
Joined: 05 Jul 2014, 19:10

Re: Rock Goes To College

Postby willie the pimp » 28 Feb 2017, 01:04

AnnaMaria wrote:I love when the fans are screaming for "Crest of a wave" and Rory starts playing "Do you read me" I think and he says to the crowd "I love you baby, but you drive me crazy!" with a big smile.

By the way I have a question: In this "Do you read me" he starts to mumble with a darker voice somewhere in the middle-does anybody hear what he is saying?

Sounds to me like "ready to boogie"
willie the pimp
 
Posts: 51
Joined: 22 Oct 2014, 07:13
Location: The craziest place I have ever been!


Return to RORY'S "LOOSE TALK" with TASTE-FUL TOPICS & ROCKIN' BLUES TUNES

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 3 guests