Taste of Rory

#1 RORY FORUM PAGE to discuss Rory Gallagher..Things Rory related with respect always

Taste of Rory

Postby RobertaSparrow » 25 Jan 2017, 18:08

Hi guys. Just got an email, and I know most of you likely know this, but if you don't, John Wilson and Richie McCracken will be at Ballyshannon for this year's festival!

https://www.rorygallagherfestival.com/line-up-2017.html?ct=t%28Rory+Gallagher+International+Tribute+Festival+2017%29&mc_cid=9615edda21&mc_eid=%5BUNIQID%5D

I don't know if I will be there, but I'm trying to get it all lined up to go! 8-)
RobertaSparrow

Re: Taste of Rory

Postby Jay Jay » 26 Jan 2017, 11:07

RobertaSparrow wrote: John Wilson and Richie McCracken will be at Ballyshannon for this year's festival!
https://www.rorygallagherfestival.com/l ... BUNIQID%5D

Thanks for the heads up on this Cynthia..
I'm so pleased that Richard "Charlie" McCracken will be back together again with John Wilson :)
Not the original Taste we know but the most famous and successful Taste band from the late 60's to 1970 of course

Taste Mk2.jpg

Rock On for Rory
Slainte, Jay Jay
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jay Jay

Postby capo » 26 Jan 2017, 17:36

Thats cool that Richard is playing again. It is a little strange though, that there will be two separate classic Rory rhythm sections playing. I can't think of any other late musician who has ever had this odd distinction! Hope all who attend have a great time.
capo

Postby SUBY1974 » 01 Feb 2017, 20:56

Terrific news. Rock On For Rory. Subrata.x
SUBY1974

Postby photofinish » 03 Feb 2017, 14:25

John Wilson...suddenly appears on the scene....!!!
photofinish

Postby Jay Jay » 05 Feb 2017, 13:12

photofinish wrote:John Wilson...suddenly appears on the scene....!!!

As you know Mark (photofinish) John Wilson has been battling a life threatening illness for the past 5 or 6 years or more?
Thankfully he seems to have won that battle. As we've seen him in the past year or so apprearing with a reunion with Donal Gallagher. Firstly at the Belfast showing of Taste's What's Going On Live @ IOW Film Premier viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4882&start=120&hilit=Donal+Gallagher+with+John+Wilson+together+again

Plus John was in the audience at The Annual British Rory Gallagher Tribute in Manchester last November. As Brendan O'Neill that night pointed out to us all to our surprise. Whilst playing with Barry Barnes and co. in between songs, Brendan a little nervously got up from the drums and stood up to the mic to say a few words. Pointing out John Wilson as his inspiration to play the drums and as his musical hero.

Is it not great news that 2 former RORY GALLAGHER rhythm sections will be playing @ the RORY FEST this year :) :)
Jay Jay

Postby willie the pimp » 09 Feb 2017, 05:22

Roll on June !!
willie the pimp

Return to RORY'S "LOOSE TALK" with TASTE-FUL TOPICS & ROCKIN' BLUES TUNES